October 2004 - Vehemence Mortician/akercocke Full Tour Update

VEHEMENCE

Helping The World To See
Jan 3, 2002
Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.
www.myspace.con
OCTOBER 2004 - VEHEMENCE MORTICIAN/AKERCOCKE FULL TOUR UPDATE

Greetings to all Vehemence supporters! This is a tour update from the road. We would like to tell you all that has been going on since we left home September 5th. We started a tour with Crematorium, All Shall Perish, & Animosity only doing 3 great shows out of 5. The promoter for the venue Rock Island in Denver decided to take on another show while the promoter of the Colorado Springs show at The Spot didn't show up at all and gave an excuse. We basically drove up there for nothing, proves in many cases bands have to get paid before they even show up to the state, if a band cant make it, just refund it. In time we will be back in Colorado, and we hope for a successful run there in the future. The Labor Day Metal Fest at the now torn down La Hacienda Real was a pretty great show, we pretty much had the most audience of the night, and it was our first show using our huge logo banner. The Phoenix show then after showed great enthusiasm as always, and the Texas Murder Fest was lucky to have us perform under the circumstances they had made for themselves. Friends of the promoter said that he had high stress levels about the whole thing and had a heart attack there fore he didn't claim responsibility for the whole first night. We basically had to shake down some of his friends for money which we got. The second day ended up getting moved to a much smaller venue compared to the 6000 capacity Houston's International Ball room can hold.

After that tour we proceeded to move up east to work on our next music video for our song We Are All Dying featured on our Helping The World To See record. The music video was filmed in the daytime on a rooftop of Bjorn's sister's apartment which was kind enough to let us do. Screenshots will be available soon but to describe how it will look like it will show the New York skyline in the background with tons of buildings and activity. The video will depict various acts of political struggle, carnage, head banging, destruction, & violence. Working with Elliott and Casey made it extremely easy to get this done professionally in the amount of time we did it in which was a good 2 days of shooting.

We also preformed at the International Metal fest which went on as a James Murphy (Death/Obituary/Testament) benefit in Westland, MI. It was our pleasure to play the show to help Murphy rack up some hospital cash and some really killer unknown bands were on the bill like Kenshiro and Aletheian. Cheers to all who supported this event for our metal brother. After this fest we ended up driving down to Chalfont, PA where a Arsis/Set Ablaze concert was to be played at a Lutheran Church. The schedule was to pack a total of 10 bands within 6pm to 10pm, thus leaving bands with song sets of 3 to 4 songs each. We were late to the show just by 30 min and we saw cops shutting down the show at the venue due to the residential area's curfew. Although, we did get to sell merchandise to the people that showed up just for us. On to the tour that has done us well so far.

The Mortician/Akercocke/Vehemence tour began in Brooklyn, NY at the North Six Venue and we finally met the Akercocke and Mortician guys, personally I have talked to Mortician throughout the years and knew them already, and very down to earth characters, some more than others. They have a drummer named Sam that replaced Roger which does guitars now. Akercocke proved to be very nice British lads, very polite people really with their suits and English edicate. Some of these shows on the tour were booked last minute or in 2 weeks of advance so bare with me and the gory details. We played for more people in NY before but all the diehards of the NYDM Chapter were there to support. Thanks to all of Metal Injection for taking us around NY to site see for 5 hours, recognizing movie sites, and riding the subways. Our interview can be seen on this link Vehemence MJ Video Interview. Baltimore had a really low attendance, and the sound guys attitude was just atrocious. In North Carolina we ended up playing with a great band called Heretics Fork which included the drummer on Dying Fetus's Purification Through Violence album. Atlanta showed us a good time, attendance was well, ended the night in a hammered fashion in the club below that featured an 80's night event. We got to play 2 out of 3 shows in Florida which included Ft. Lauderdale and Orlando. Just after our show in Orlando Hurricane Geene Hit with full force with winds of 80 to 150mph and we were forced to cancel the Tampa gig at The Masquerade. After the storm had past and a day without electricity on our second night staying in Orlando, we trekked to the big easy which was New Orleans, NOLAN' S as they say it down there. The show was on a small stage but did the trick, more girls showed up to that show than guys it seemed and the crowd was very enthusiastic. Bourbon St. is the shit, everyone must visit there at some point. The Texas shows went very well as expected. Thanks to Scarline from Dallas for setting us up with a place to party and sleep as usual, and to both them and Demonseed for doing all the TX dates with us. The best show of the tour for us we thought was San Antonio, following that up with our home town Phoenix. Both shows proved to show we have some Vehemence diehards that all come out to our shows each time we play either, moshing, song calling, or singing each lyric in its entirety. Overall aside from the rough moments, I think this has been one of the best tours we have done as far as having our fan base supporting us at every show and the new states and venues we have preformed at. We have gotten along with the other bands and their crew like we have known each other for years, and we plan to finish this second half of the tour with a much stronger outlook for each show.

As of right now we just got back from Vegas and the show was a mess, no bands got paid and attendance included 15 people. The promoter didn't know what was going on, the stage of half built when we showed up, and fucked the bands out of the cost of us to get up there. We canceled our appearance in Tijuana, Mexico due to finances at this point in the tour, and not having contracts or payment to play it. We will be back there soon, its only 7 hours away from Phoenix, so hang in there all that wanted to see us. We will begin touring again in California all the way up finishing this tour in Canada, I will give another lengthy update when this tour is over. Thanks to all and see us at the shows, support your scene or it wont support you. Also visit our secondary website on the ever popular MYSPACE.COM networking website, here is the link. If you want on our guest list for any of our shows just message us on there -John

Vehemence on Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/vehemence

Some dates were added to our tours and shows page, please check the page for further details.

*just added Oct 14th Salt Lake City, UT / Oct 16th Mandan, ND / Oct 25th NY T.B.A. / Oct 26th Cambridge, MA / Oct 28th second Canada date T.B.A.

IT sucks that alot of club owners/ tour promoters are dumb fucks. If I had money, Id build a metal venue and pay double the normal price for bands like you to come...

Sucks you guys got screwed over yet again, but at least it seems like the tour is going well over all! So San Antonio was your best city so far, and Texas overall was great? Glad to hear it! I know my gf and I did our best to support you at the show, we were certainly headbanging and singing and shouting out songs the whole time. Seemed to me you guys had a pretty good crowd response at the Dallas show too, at least from my place at the front of the stage! It was great to meet and hang out with you guys again too, and thanks once more for signing my gf's God Was Created shirt now that she had her silver marker. That goes to all of you, though I hope we made our gratitude clear at the show! Good luck with the rest of the tour, can't wait to see you again!

I agree that the San Antonio show was awesome; Vehemence and Akercocke seriously destroyed that place! It was cool to hang out with Bjorn for a while before their set; really fucking cool guy. It was one of the best shows that I've seen in a while. Unfortunately, the ridiculously inflated beer prices meant that I missed pretty much every other band (me and the lads spent most of our time at a cheap shithole car across the street).

Well, the Toronto show should be organized well, and, if it isn't, I could get you in touch with some of the other promoters here for next time. Noel has had his battles with other larger touring bands, but, for the most part, he pulls things togeather so everything goes somewhat according to plan. The only thing you'll loathe, as I said, was the venue. It's a sweatbox and smaller than my rectum. He'll definately pay you guys, though.

Hope the rest of the tour goes well dude; this promoter bullshit shouldn't happen, there is simply no excuse. At least you now know which promotion companies to avoid and which ones did their job well.