Odd Combination: Songwriting and Vocals

Dec 3, 2008
Hello everyone! I've been listening to EToS for about 2 or 3 years now. I think they are one of my favorite bands of all-time. Seriously, almost any song they write, to me, is somewhat of a masterpiece. They have a great combination of heaviness and melodies that really get my emotions churning.

Anyways, I wanted to get the members over here (and, if they are not too busy at all, some of the members of the band [if they have accounts here]) to maybe help me out and possibly engage in some nice discussion.

So I am an up-and-coming vocalist, and I'm wondering if anyone on here does vocals as well? If there are some of you out there, can someone maybe offer me some advice? I think that Altti is on here (am I correct in assuming that he is Goashem???) so maybe if he is ever around, it'd be freaking sweet if he can give me some pointers. For the record I have more trouble reaching a quality high scream than I do a low growl...so if anyone at all knows their stuff, maybe someone can help me out with my high screams?

Here is my vocal cover of Blood of Faith Stains my Hands...sorry about the long delay at the beginning....there was a glitch or something.

NEXT is that I am looking for some inspiration for writing songs. Is there some good stuff that I should be listening to, maybe even non-metal stuff, that can help me write some songs? Maybe there are some good scales or chord progressions that I can work around with, too?

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read, people. Sorry it was so long. EToS fucking rules, man!! Keep on kicking ass, guys!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Growling or screaming, well, according to my friends who know how to sing, they are just one form of singing. I suggest you should take some singing lessons, that helps.

I'm no singer or growler myself (I'm not Altti :D) but I'm happy to be in the same band with two great singers :).

I'm no singer or growler myself (I'm not Altti :D) but I'm happy to be in the same band with two great singers :).

Indeed. All you guys are great at what you do! :worship:

The best songs are where both Jarmo and Altti sign! And can't forget Miriam the guest vocalist, her voice is great too!