Odin's Court New CD: TONY KAKKO on Guest Vocals!

OdinsCourt

Valhalla
Sep 26, 2003
MD, USA
www.odinscourtband.com
ODIN’S COURT is happy to announce a very special guest vocalist: TONY KAKKO (best known for his work with SONATA ARCTICA)! Tony will be providing additional lead vocals on one of ODIN’S COURT’S new songs: "Crownet" (samples of this and other new songs on homepage and MySpace).

Matt had this to say about Tony: "The first time I heard SONATA ARCTICA, I fell in love. Tony has such lush, unique vocals, and he has an instantly recognizable voice. And the band exhibits characteristics that make them stand out in their genre – infectious melodies, technical musicianship, and diversity. ECLIPTICA and SILENCE are two of my favorite metal albums, so to hear that voice on an ODIN’S COURT song is quite cool for me. With all the growth and success SONATA ARCTICA has seen in the past couple of years, I was honestly shocked and excited when Tony agreed to sing a song on our new CD! Such a nice human being with such a talent is rare. I can’t wait for folks to hear what he brought to the table!"

Other guest musicians will be announced in the coming days.

ODIN’S COURT is currently an independent band in search of a label for their new CD DEATHANITY, a concept album about the direction in which the human race is taking the planet.

ODIN'S COURT

:headbang:

This sounds so cool dude!

And yeah come back to Cali, you guys were my friends favorite at Barfest last year...
Glad you like it Brett! Hey, I still played on it and these guys are still family to me!

And if I may go out on a limb here, I've now heard the whole CD in high quality (the last mix I heard was from early September and only one track had vox), and all I can say is WOW! This is SO different from any former Odin's Court release. The song writing is stronger, the production is LEAPS and BOUNDS of improvement in many different ways. However, I really have to hand it to Matt on this one, he has really harnessed his voice in on this CD. He delivers a solid performance from start to finish. I think it will be a very pleasant surprise for many. The guest vocal spots are UNREAL, but the entire CD is a great listen! I'm truly proud to have been a part of its making. :headbang::headbang:

Am I partial? Perhaps, I did spend almost 3 years with these guys and I did play on this CD, but anyone who really knows me that I'm a straight shooter. This really is a great CD already and there are still a few minor finishing touches to add. I hope those who have blown off OC in the past give this CD a chance. It is well-deserving of your time!

Cool! Looking forward to hearing it this weekend! Sounds like quite a step up/departure from previous Odin's Court material. And having Tony Kakko singing vocals on one track! Now friggan awesome is that? Having seen Sonata Arctica now 4 times, I can certainly attest to how cool Tony is - hell, he even remembered me from the previous time I saw him, although it did take a little jogging of memory, though.

Cool! Looking forward to hearing it this weekend! Sounds like quite a step up/departure from previous Odin's Court material. And having Tony Kakko singing vocals on one track! Now friggan awesome is that? Having seen Sonata Arctica now 4 times, I can certainly attest to how cool Tony is - hell, he even remembered me from the previous time I saw him, although it did take a little jogging of memory, though.
The sound quality is definitely up there with the rest of the bands in the "genre" (I say "genre" because this new disc is so diverse, I'm not sure how you'd classify us anymore).

Tony is a SUPER cool guy. I can't say enough nice things about him. Professional and humbe and also talented. It's just not fair for one person to have so much! :p

:headbang:

And if I may go out on a limb here, I've now heard the whole CD in high quality (the last mix I heard was from early September and only one track had vox), and all I can say is WOW! This is SO different from any former Odin's Court release. The song writing is stronger, the production is LEAPS and BOUNDS of improvement in many different ways. However, I really have to hand it to Matt on this one, he has really harnessed his voice in on this CD. He delivers a solid performance from start to finish. I think it will be a very pleasant surprise for many. The guest vocal spots are UNREAL, but the entire CD is a great listen! I'm truly proud to have been a part of its making. :headbang::headbang:

Am I partial? Perhaps, I did spend almost 3 years with these guys and I did play on this CD, but anyone who really knows me that I'm a straight shooter. This really is a great CD already and there are still a few minor finishing touches to add. I hope those who have blown off OC in the past give this CD a chance. It is well-deserving of your time!
I think the only thing your post was missing was this:

[USED CAR SALESMAN]what you said[/USED CAR SALESMAN]

:p:err:o_O:zombie::loco::heh: