Of Machines - As If Everything Was Held In Place

The Front Studio

What are you looking at!?
Dec 30, 2009
I have to say, I love the record.
Except, the vocals should have had more volume.
I really love the mix in general though.
What do you guys think, and if anyone knows something about the mixing recording techniques (it was recorded at chango studios), please tell :)

Reactions: Leemusic
Oceana's "The Tide" sounded so much better than the newer one.

I agree, I don't like the guitars on Birtheater and the Tide was soo much better.
BUT the record in general is amazing.
I love the lyrics, the vocals, the drums
Brennan is, in my opinion, way better than Keith

Tbh I did not like this record very much production wise.. the guitars sounds weird and the cymbals is very bright (in a nasty way), with a good pair of headphones (ATH-M50) I could not stand to listen to this album for more then a few songs it was just to ear fatigueing.

To bad as I actual enjoyed the songs.

Tbh I did not like this record very much production wise.. the guitars sounds weird and the cymbals is very bright (in a nasty way), with a good pair of headphones (ATH-M50) I could not stand to listen to this album for more then a few songs it was just to ear fatigueing.

To bad as I actual enjoyed the songs.
I love every aspect of the drums.
I think the guitars sound great with the atmosphere they tried to create on that record.
Plus, I listen always with decent headphones and I didn't find it ear fatiguing.

I have to say, I love the record.
Except, the vocals should have had more volume.
I really love the mix in general though.
What do you guys think, and if anyone knows something about the mixing recording techniques (it was recorded at Chango studios), please tell :)
This thread is so old, however I have just become a member of this forum. I just had to second your love for the mix. I'm well aware of the downright hate towards Cameron's productions during this era of his work. And to be honest it just so old and fatiguing hearing about it. My aspect on this business/art (however you perceive it), is you enjoy what you enjoy. With that being said, I love his mixes during this time period. Oceana, Of machines, I see stars, all of it. The mixes he created for these albums catered to the sound that was being created in his studio. I don't think I would have wanted to hear Of Machines any other way. There's something about that guitar tone that I love and flows very nicely with ambiance. There was honestly no one during this time period who sounded like him nor did he sound like anyone else. He was just doing his thing and did great job at that. Props to Cameron and everyone who had a hand tracking and mixing these records from the early point in his career. I still jam those records till this day.

Have a good day