Off Topic: Best versions of: AC/DC, ANTHRAX, IRON MAIDEN, MOTLEY CRUE, VAN HALEN,etc

ZANEX

Alone Within My Lunacy
Sep 4, 2001
PARIS/WINCHESTER,KENTUCKY U.S.A.
Visit site
O.K. What is everyone's favorite version of the following bands:

*AC/DC-Bon Scott was the man. Brian Johnson does alright on Back In Black & For Those About To Rock. But, the Bon Scott version was way better.

*ANTHRAX-Joey Belladona is a good singer. But the John Bush version of Anthrax is way better and like a new machine. Bush adds his own style and can sing Joey & Neill Turbin's stuff *(listen to "The Greater Of Two Evils") .

*IRON MAIDEN-Paul D'anno started them off. Blaze Bailey is decent. Bruce Dickinson is the voice of Maiden. He went solo and came back, because he does Maiden best.

*JUDAS PRIEST-Rob Halford is the "METAL GOD". "Ripper" Owens does Priest justice on there classic songs and on "Jugulator". However, I thought "Demolition" was mediocre. "Ripper" is better at his own material.

*ICED EARTH-Hands down, Barlow Rules and is the voice of Iced Earth. "Ripper" did a decent job and is good at what he does, but he is no Mathew Barlow.

*MOTLEY CRUE-Believe it or not, I respect John Corabi and his career. He has sang for The Scream, Union, & Motley Crue. I like the album he did with Motley Crue, but it should have been under another moniker than Motley Crue. I suggested "The Crue". Corabi is talented, but Vince Neill is the voice of Motley Crue.

*VAN HALEN-David Lee Roth is Van Halen. It was his idea to call the band Van Halen instead of Mammoth, Rat Salad, etc.. Yes Dave has an ego, but the dude is probably one of the best front men ever influencing everyone from Vince Neil/Motley Crue, Jon Bon Jovi, Brett Michels/Poison, Ralph Saenz/L.A Guns, Marq Torien/Bulletboys, and many others.

Feel free to mention other bands I've left out.

P.S. Nevermore is better than Sanctuary, but both KICK ASS.

Bon Scott AC/DC, all the way. I prefer Belladona Anthrax to their music with Bush, though I happen to think he was great in Armored Saint. I never liked any Blaze era Maiden, Dickinson is the voice of Maiden. That said, my two favorite albums are Iron Maiden and Killers because the energy, the vibe, the freshness cannot be matched and I happened to like Di'Anno's style. And I actually really liked Ripper with Priest (though Demolition blew ass), but in the end, the best Judas Priest is with the voice of metal, Rob Halford. As for the rest, I have no real opinion. I think you can see that it's not even about which vocalist fits the music so much as the chemistry with everyone involved.

*AC/DC-I don't really like either of them, but Brian > Bon.

*ANTHRAX- Joey was the man. And I like whoever it was that was the first singer more than I like John Bush.

*IRON MAIDEN-Bruce Dickinson by far. Paul D'anno wasn't bad and I never even tried to really listen to the other dude.

*JUDAS PRIEST-Never much of a fan, but certainly Rob Halford wins.

*ICED EARTH-bleh

*MOTLEY CRUE-I never heard the other guy so Vince Neil.

*VAN HALEN-David Lee Roth in a landslide. Hagar has always sucked.

AC/DC was the first hard rock/metalband I ever listened to. My dad showed it to me when I was at the age of 6 or so, great band, especially with Bon Scott, but brian is ok for me too.

I like Paul Di ´Anno and the old Iron Maiden Style. Dickinson...hmmm.....throw stones at me now, but his voice in Iron Maiden hurts in my ears a bit, I don´t know why, I´m not really into that. But I love his solo albums! Blaze Bailey is a good singer too, but not an Iron Maiden-vocalist imho.

Judas Priest - Rob Halford, of course.

And Iced Earth...I loved Gene Adam´s vocals, but I agree with you, Zanex, Matt Barlow is the voice of them, Ripper cannot be compared with him.

ACDC - Bon Scott, no questions asked!

Iron Maiden - Bruce Dickinson... I love the other two but Bruce just takes the cake

Judas Priest - It's gotta be Halford

Iced Earth - I love John Greely (NOTSR) and Ripper Owens but Matt is probably my favorite vocalist of all time.

I never liked Bruce much, yeah I said it. I much prefer Blaze, who sang on my favorite Maiden song "The Clansman. As for Iced Earth I prefer Barlow, cant stand any of the other bands.

also Adrian Smith is a must for Maiden...even Bruce Dickinson's solo albums are better with him.

Anthrax - Joey Belladonna without question for me. I just like the music and vocals so much better.

Iron Maiden - While I do like X Factor, Bruce is the voice of Maiden.

Iced Earth - Barlow all the way

Van Halen - Dave, better vocals, better energy, better frontman

who sang on my favorite Maiden song "The Clansman.

I totally agree with you on that point, I think this song doesn´t work with Dickinson, just like "Man on the Edge" or "Sign of the Cross" which are great songs imho

AC/DC - Can't stand em. No preference of vocalist.

ANTHRAX- Joey is the man.

IRON MAIDEN- Bruce.

JUDAS PRIEST- Halford.

ICED EARTH- Barlow.

MOTLEY CRUE- Vince

VAN HALEN- Blasphemy to some, but Hagar. Sorry, I just can't stand Roth and his squealing, gallavanting (sp?), idiocy.