Off Topic: "Construtive Criticism"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalmah42090

Jul 12, 2007
Florida
www.myspace.com
I know this is a KALMAH forum, but since I know all of you have good tastes in music, if your actually on this forum, I want your opinion.

I have been composing songs on Guitar Pro recently, and have created a myspace just to have an easy way to upload the songs and get other people's thought's on my music.

Those of you familiar with guitar pro will understand the "midi file" sound, and hopefully will be able to give me some pointers. This is the first song I have ever written, so i'm sure I could use some guidance.

Please let me know, and thank you, just for actually reading all this...:lol:

www.myspace.com/fracturedoblivion

I want very atmospheric, keyboard based music like Skyfire, with the fast tempo's of bands like kalmah and wintersun, and very progressive based drums like newer arsis. I really want to implement some celtic melodies as well, but not as extreme as Eluveitie.

Pretty much the song I have on that myspace is the epitome of what I want to sound like, just a bit more refined I guess you could say. Also, one of my big ideals, is to not focus as much on guitar solo's. I love Kalmah and Wintersun, because they are good at using solo's in almost every song, but some bands just do it to do it, so I want to try to vere away from putting alot of emphasis on guitar solo's and rely more on structure and melodies.

Any negative criticism, or things you guys don't like?

thats awesome. Your song is definitely atmospheric. Although midi never gives instruments the brightness or punch that instruments deliver. But the keys are like skyfire. I play the guitar and drums myself and obviously everyone has their own different sense of melody. I try to make my melodies more like power metal bands use them. your sense of melody is interesting yet very different than mine!

your sense of melody is interesting yet very different than mine!

Interesting? hmm, any way you could elaborate on that? I didn't think my melodies had much originality, but I liked em:lol:

yea, i really want to try to record this song with other guys that can play it. I can definitely play the guitar parts, but i'm a bass player, so I need an actual guitarist because i'm soo sloppy with a pick.(i play with my fingers).

I really want to see if this song could turn out sounding good on real instruments. Would you be interested in looking at the tabs of it? I trust you wont' try to steal my stuff,:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.