I will turn your guitar pro songs into real instruments!

Yea, thanks I totally get where you are coming from.

I'm actually now starting to think that putting together a website offering all services like mixing, mastering, recording parts, programing drums, converting to midi with reasonable prices for both me and the customer could be the best way to go about this.

The amount of stuff online for advertising and stuff is so overwhelming though. I have the the ideas and I have the skills. I just have no idea how to market and advertise this to actually start making a bit of money.

Like I said earlier. I'm in a situation at the moment where I don't need to be making much a week so I've got a great opportunity to start this thing up!

Good idea,$10 and $50 are ridicoulosly underpriced of course, $250 would be more like it,
You may get a lot of difficult customers though,in a way that their stuff is just unplayable.

Good idea,$10 and $50 are ridicoulosly underpriced of course, $250 would be more like it,
You may get a lot of difficult customers though,in a way that their stuff is just unplayable.

True, didn't count in the work after the playing. :lol:

I kinda do something similar but I've done mostly covers, and I really specialize on drums and bass but I've had a session dude do guitars as well. I charge around 80$ a song for progamming/humanizing drums and doing session bass for a "standard" 3/4 minute song, more if it's complex and/or long.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...ervice-backing-tracks-guitarists-singers.html

Just saying as a reference, depending on the song you should take into account how many potential hours it would take you to practice/learn the song and make a price depending on that. It is a good service though, specially drums and bass because most songwriters are already guitarists, and if you write a song that you can't play yourself there's no point in having someone else do it is there? Just my two cents.

Thanks man. That information will be really helpful to me when I start up my own site. I'm sick of being unemployed so I'm putting every minute of my day into this at the moment figuring out prices and stuff.

Just out of curiosity, are you getting many customers come your way with this sort of service? I plan on doing other things like mixing, drum programming etc, but I was kind of going to use this idea to create a sort of niche for myself.

Excellent work, fast turnaround. I ordered because I'm working with soundtracks lately and needed custom riffs recorded ASAP, and Chris didn't disappoint in any way. Will work with again.

Got this guy to rock out some leady bits for me today. Gave me exactly what I asked for. He knocked it out of the park. Super quick, decent price what's not to like? I'll be getting more for sure.