Off-Topic. ISH

Dec 29, 2010
Colorado
I have a question fellers!

Im going to trade a guitar a head, for another guitar head. With a gentleman from these very forums.

How do we do it lol

Fo Realz, Do one of us ship first and pray to god the other is a good human being? Or is there some way of doing it? With some form of legal middleman?

Anyone ever do it? Oh and its about 1200 miles to his house sooooo yeah not much of an option there either lol

Every time i have traded anything i have called the guy in person to see that its someone at least half serious, then i send an email as a confirmation(And get one back.).. then we have always payed each others shipments and just sent the shit.
The whole thing about paying each others shipment is that you have a transaction pre-shipping, which means its less likely that you are going to be tricked by a moneyless punk trying to rob you(Since they have to be able to pay for the shipping.).

And in Sweden, the email and phone call is legally binding(Dont know where you are from though.).

Last time I did it I had the guy send the amp first and send me a picture of the receipt and then I did the same after

if you agree to perform a legal act, either verbally or in writing, you are legally bound to do so. However, there's a reason formal contracts exist as there's almost always a way to get out of these things.

edit: only speaking for in the UK, not sure about anywhere else

Who is it? If it's a respectable guy on here, not much to worry about.

He frequents enough i guess. At least from what ive seen. However ive been on ze forums for like 3 years (and actually made an account a week ago ish lol) and havent seen him trade or sell anything so i dunno.

Looks like its gunna fall through anyway. Oh well

Thanks for the suggestions, at least for future reference.