Genius Gone Insane

http://www.¯\(°_o)/¯.com
Aug 19, 2003
San Francisco Bay Area
www. ̄\(°_o)
...so I could have a whiskey with some of you and share stories. This week:

Band: "We need demo done in one week, 4 songs"
Me: :Spin:

Guitarist, while tracking scratch guitars to click: "I can't play to the click on this song, just play the pre-production track to play along with."
Me: :err:

Drummer, 2 days later: "Can I hear the scratch guitar tracks one time through before recording my drums? I don't know the last half of the song. It's okay though because we have 2 hours to track 4 songs."
Me: :bah:

Guitarist: "Bass player is not coming so I'll track bass tonight as soon as I'm done with rhythms and solos."
Me: :err:

Guitarist, 2 hours after solos and rhythms are done: "I don't know what bass notes to play there."

Guitarist, shortly thereafter: "Wow I really suck at bass!"

This is not a bunch of 16 year olds, btw. These are known musicians. Unbelievable. The bass is just awful, I don't know what I'm going to do.

easy answer:
a) you get paid well = retrack it yourself
b) you don't get paid well = just turn it down in the mix. if they complain, just tell em you referenced AJFA :D :D :D

today i got the drumtracks of a band i'll record soon (drums were done in another studio)....i know the guy, he's a good drummer, but he's never played to a click before.
guess what? it shows. at first i even thought they didn't record to click, but turns out they did. welcome @ drumediting hell.

it would be cool if on this place there was a wall we could hang those sorts of clients to torture then or something. that would be relaxing.

the off topic tavern would require a trap door that leads to the musicians cellar

this is where our current clients will "relax" while we all talk about how shit they are....

unless your clients go home after the session, then i guess you're a free man... could you tell me what that's like?? pleaseee?

Someone on here with nasty art skills should draw a mock up of what this "Tavern" would look like....Just Tubescreamers everywhere, 57's all over the floor.etc. Hhaha

People passed out others drunk as fuck singing Priest and Maiden songs, pictures of tits alllll over the walls.

Someone on here with nasty art skills should draw a mock up of what this "Tavern" would look like....Just Tubescreamers everywhere, 57's all over the floor.etc. Hhaha

People passed out others drunk as fuck singing Priest and Maiden songs, pictures of tits alllll over the walls.

Yeah, and a corner full of n00bs asking how to drink a pint properly.

Yeah, and a corner full of n00bs asking how to drink a pint properly.

HAHHHAHAHAHAH

Das Boot!!!

item-boot-blank-big.jpg

(yea yea I know German not English, but would still be funny trying to see these fuckers drink from it!)

BEERFEST;)

And we need a fulltime pilot, he flys from studio to studio to grab us all and fly us to the tavern.
Jäger for free and spliffs for everyone!

The wold would be poor of new records;)