> Off Topic > The Lounge > looking for people around Buffalo,NY/Charlottesville,Virginia/NYC

kdotx

New Metal Member
Apr 16, 2012
Dear dudes and dudettes!

I am afraid this is gonna be a lil longer one...

so, i am from europe, germany to be more specific, but i am gonna be in the US this spring,
in Buffalo NY from March 17th until April 14th and i was lucky and received a scholarship and i am gonna be an artist in residence near Amherst in Virginia from April 15th to May 31st (next bigger city is Charlottesville)
chances are high that i am in NYC first week of June!

So I am hoping for 2 things:
  1. Is anyone of you a musician/promoter/booker/music buff living in above mentioned areas and wants to connect with me? Maybe play some shows? I play in a band called „behind closed doors“ (www.behindcloseddoors-band.com), we probably fit into the prog/djenty/post metal corner. I'll have my axe fx, laptop and an interface with me so i can do a full show on my own, been there, done that several times, works flawlessly (cubase with separate backing tracks for bass/snare/kick/OH/FX). So I'd be cool with either opening for a act/local act but I can also headline. Additionally, I'd be very happy to jam/record/write/hang out with fellow musicians!

2. Can anyone borrow me a 5 string bass for my time in Virginia? I'll have two guitars with me but for composing purposes it would be convenient to have a real bass, nothing special...(a Fodera is absolutely sufficient ;) )
yeah, so... I guess thats it...looking forward to your answers! I am excited! :)

chris