Off-topic....new Pearl Jam song...

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
Can't say I am big on grunge or radio rock, but I loved the debut release from PJ, namely "Ten." They never really did much for me after that release, but they have a new song I have heard on the radio at work and it's actually pretty darn good. It really reminds me of something that would be on the "Ten" release.

Bryant

They've been playing an outtake from the Ten sessions that was included with the re-release of Ten... that's probably what you heard (hence why it sounded like something from Ten) !

Ha ha ha..... you are right. After I read your reply, I found the PJ website and the song title (Brother) and googled it. According to someone writing on Wikipedia, the song was actually going to be on "Ten" but they got into an argument in the studio over the song and recorded a different one.
That is a cool song though. If they could get that groove back they had on that release, I would certainly buy that disc.

Bryant

They've been playing an outtake from the Ten sessions that was included with the re-release of Ten... that's probably what you heard (hence why it sounded like something from Ten) !

I ignored them during the 90s and only really 'discovered' them a few years back. They are indeed one of the great rock bands out there....every one of their records is awesome. They've been a great find....I was shocked at how powerful their music is.

In fact, it surprises me that they achieved stardom at all....they're music is too deep to apeal to the masses (in fact, it hasn't appealed to the masses since about 1995).

You're correct sir! Love the reissue of Ten they had the album remixed.
Ten and Vs. is all you need by them though the are the softer of the grunge bands...

I liked Ten, never bought it but our band passed one cassette around awhile. We played Even Flow. The Grunge movement wasint easy to embrace at that time but at least Pearl Jam had a guitar player that wailed out and reminded more of the very early hardrock/bluesrock guitar players

I liked Ten, never bought it but our band passed one cassette around awhile. We played Even Flow. The Grunge movement wasint easy to embrace at that time but at least Pearl Jam had a guitar player that wailed out and reminded more of the very early hardrock/bluesrock guitar players

Eh.... good is good, bad is bad. I am about as tried and true of a metal-head as there is, but I like The Goo Goo Dolls and I also love Fuel's "Natural Selection" as well as lots of 70's rock bands. Good music is all about taste and there is not one metal-head on this planet with half a brain who doesn't like something out there that isn't metal. I probably listen to metal 97% of the time, but the other 3% is important to me as well.

Bryant