Sorta off-topic maybe my fave melodic Prog-metal song

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
Though my favorite metal disc of the year will probably be Pagans Mind, "Enigmatic Calling," another prog release...... Redemption's song "Trancendence" from "The Fullness of Time" might be the best melodic prog-metal song I have ever heard. As much as I love Fates Warning, I think Ray outdid himself on this one as well. His voice is better than it has ever been at the emotic stuff. That is one incredible song !!

Bryant

Bryant said:
Redemption's song "Trancendence" from "The Fullness of Time" might be the best melodic prog-metal song I have ever heard. As much as I love Fates Warning, I think Ray outdid himself on this one as well. His voice is better than it has ever been at the emotic stuff. That is one incredible song !!

Bryant

That has been my favorite on that disc since I first got it. You're right about Ray -- he kicks ass on that song. And on the entire disc for that matter.

Hell yes. Best song on this album. (well, ok, tied with "Threads"). Ray really surprised me on this album. He is my favorite vocalist of all time, but I must say that this is his best performance since A Pleasant Shade Of Grey.

Wheezer said:
That has been my favorite on that disc since I first got it. You're right about Ray -- he kicks ass on that song. And on the entire disc for that matter.

I do love his work on the whole disc, but I put that song in on the little CD player we have at work and was singing along and doing emotic movements (I said EMOTIC) for my workmates. They thought I was going nuts. Ha ha ha.
Being that I work as an industrial troubleshooter/maintenance man or whatever the hell you want to call it..... they were amused. I am even breaking in this new mechanic who is very green. He is also green at music, but is incredibly intelligent. I will steer him in the right direction, musically and professionally.

Bryant

Hawk said:
Mmm my favorite prog-metal song of the year would be "Supremacy, Our Kind" from Pagan's Mind.

Great choice. That whole disc absolutely blew me away !! I know I am repeating myself, but I have never heard a drummer and guitarist who play and feed off of each other so well.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Great choice. That whole disc absolutely blew me away !! I know I am repeating myself, but I have never heard a drummer and guitarist who play and feed off of each other so well.

Bryant

I don't have your musicians ear buddy, but I love the emotion of the album and I think that the singer is simply amazing.

ts a bit of a weird situation to me because their earlier albums did nothing for me.
I am still playing them hoping I'll catch on but nothing happens. Its like day and night! Weird huh? o_O

Bryant said:
As much as I love Fates Warning, I think Ray outdid himself on this one as well. His voice is better than it has ever been at the emotic stuff. That is one incredible song !!

Bryant
I was just talking to a friend of mine, at the last hockey game I went to last fri., and said the same thing about Ray's performance. I told him that I thought it was Ray's best work ever. There is not one thing that I can find fault with on 'The Fullness of Time'. My personal fave song on the album is 'Sapphire'...15+ minutes of pure bliss.

My favorite prog-metal song for 2005 will be 'Octavarium' by Dream Theater

NP: Pharaoh - 'Flash Of The Dark'

carnut said:
Hard to tell but I think my fav still is Dream Theater's "Pull me under".

Oops I though we eill taking 2005, if I have to go for all-time favorite that's a skullbreaker. I had to balance if I like more prog than power, or more prog than metal, or more power than prog, or just prog :yell: :yell: :yell:

Myabe some Rush, no Ayreon, no Dream Theater, no Angel Dust, no Shadow Gallery, no...
d055.gif

NP: Pharaoh - 'Now It's The Time'

Oops, this year indeed , mmmm, something Pantommind I think ... Or maybe Kamelot, or Pagan's Mind :) hard to pick the best song....

Walter_Langkowski said:
I like this album a lot but I listen to this in my car a lot, so aside from "Saphire" I have no idea the names of the songs. Very good album though.

Which track number is this song Bryant?

Track 8. It's the last song on the disc. It took quite a while for it to grab me, so it may take a few spins for you. It's the song that has the four part choir in it where four people are singing four differentr parts.

Bryant

I can't get this cd out of my player. I can't remember the last ttime an album really hit home with me like this one has...in all aspects. I love this one and can't get enough of it.