Official Katatonia Tribute Album

thedeadwing

Aug 30, 2004
This is from the News section of the "October Falls" website. Any official confirmation?

The news as the following:

Since some other bands have put this information to their website,
I shall add this here too, so October Falls has recorded "For Funerals To Come"
for "December Songs - A Tribute to Katatonia", that will be released by
Northern Silence Records.

edit:

Forgot to give you a link to this information. And be sure to check out the mp3 samples on the site, they're really worth a listen!

http://koti.welho.com/mlehto4/index.html

This is from http://www.forgottentomb.com/suicide/news.htm

Regarding the KATATONIA Tribute-album, the "Nowhere" version by FT has been sent to german Northern Silence Rec. and the album, titled "December Songs", will be released in December 2004!! Be sure to check out this great release!! www.northern-silence.com

So we have so far:

October Falls - For funerals to come
Forgotten Tomb - Nowhere

Seems like a tribute to the earlier Katatonia days. December 2004 sounds nice. This maybe really will be a "katatonic winter" (new album(?), compilation with DVD and this tribute album!!!) :Spin:
Lets see what Anders has to say about this (...if he cares)

Ok, someone has visited OF-homepage. I first thought not to post it there yet, but since I saw that post on Forgotten Tomb-site and the release is also listed on NSR-site, I decided to write it to OF-site too. I'm sure NSR will post more info about this, when he sees this thread.

To keep the infos / list of coversongs updated i'll collect everything I find about this subject in this thread. Seems that it won't see the light (or should I say darkness) of day in this year anymore.

October Falls - For funerals to come
Forgotten Tomb - Nowhere
Fragile Hollow - Saw You Drown (thanks to insidethefall for the info!)

it's getting hot... :D

the info on the forgotten tomb site is no longer correct. releasedate won't be december 2004 - 12.12. to be exact - since some bands need more time to finish their covers. i'm sure we all want it to be perfect and as many songs featured as possible so the tribute will be out some time in 2005. however, most bands have sent their (amazing!) covers yet so next thing will be to receive the remaining ones (incl. a special one i'm very much looking forward to) and start with the layout...