Katatonia tribute planned for December release

Tranquillian

Svartmetallist
Oct 10, 2001
Germany's Northern Silence Productions have announced plans to release a KATATONIA tribute album in December 2005 featuring covers of songs from the group's early era. Several bands have already confirmed their participation in the album and "the covers we received so far are excellent," Torsten of Northern Silence said in a statement.

Northern Silence Productions are currently looking for acts who are interested in taking part in the project, entitled "December Songs". "Every band who's been influenced by early KATATONIA and who wants to pay tribute to the best band in the world is welcome to get in touch with Northern Silence Productions for further information," Torsten said.

For more details on how to contact Northern Silence Productions, visit their web site.

I will buy this for sure. Since Torsten writes here on the forum, maybe he could update us on what bands will be on it. I'm hoping for the cover that Dark Fortress did of Endtime, since it's as good or better than the original version. Forest Stream doing a cover of Without God would also be great,

forest of shadows version of rainroom is pretty good. nothin on the origional but i still like it. hope someone does velvet thorns, some great parts in that

Dance of DESEMBER souls. It fits pretty well, i think.

...and whats "early Katatonia"? I think someone made a cover of a song from discouraged ones..(?)

Jinn said:
DECEMBER. Einstein.

Learn to sepll korrektly, idjit
I thought he wanted to make a pun spelling it DESEMBER, or not????:confused:
but you're also joking with spelling...I'm a bit confused....I think I didn't get both messages...

daimonion said:
Dance of DESEMBER souls. It fits pretty well, i think.

...and whats "early Katatonia"? I think someone made a cover of a song from discouraged ones..(?)
imho there's enough great songs (in fact way too many ;) ) from each period to fill a tribute cd so i think it's better to start with one for the early days and keep the option for a "late" one to be released when time is right (either on northern silence or another label, who knows...)

so far all songs are "early" ones except "saw you drown" but one or two songs with clean vox are ok. basically it should feature songs until "saw you drown" (mcd)

the posting on blabbermouth was anders' idea because we thought it'd be better to have as many bands/songs on the tribute as disc space allows instead of 12 as originally planned. now the best covers that i'm gonna receive during the next couple of months will be added to the ones already confirmed.