Official Playoff Hockey Thread

hahaha uhhh yeah theyre only one of the best teams in the NHL. after they advance and beat buffalo, theyll lose to anaheim in the final though.

sharks game starts....now

i have to admit, i'm less than optimistic if the last 2 games are any indication....they need a SERIOUS turnaround tonight...

2 periods

6 power plays

17 shots

alisdrfnbhiuasrbgh;lasfi7ygpar8oyap8sdy9p7nadf[pn9a7df8tnp97adftpa9df7 tnociyugb.lkxchgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhdasf bbu6axcvnnmnbasfilksdgvsdyuidyyduyduywqtp974yago87sdbwernearhaern mtdadfzxm td,mzertgw3v 6 ty3w5yuae5rg dhfgars

htey shoyusduld fbe wilnning dasssfoagyhbs;dfiuobnhzp;eran789eERSJANTJMNSRT6MZYZRGS N8QW45

man the sharks SUCK

omg wtf toskala has utterly lost it, 4 goals on like 10 shots that's riDICK

edit: ok i can't take it anymore, this is one of the worst-played games i've ever had the misfortune of watching...there's no coming back from this, you'd think they'd at least try to exit the playoffs with a shred of dignity

i'm seeing fucking little michael pecas dancing around my head

cthulufhtagn said:
man the sharks SUCK
hahaha no they dont. everybody eventually has a bad game. it just sucks when it happens in the playoffs and youre playing a very hungry team. plus, toskala is a rookie, man. hes done well so far. where are those other badass rookies? lundqvist? hahaha give me a break. total failure in the playoffs.

why hockey rules and every other sport SUCKS DICK:

The picture was vividly graphic. Gross even. But it was typical Ryan Smyth.

Just seconds after he turned to come back and help his defense move the puck out of trouble late in the second period, the Edmonton Oilers winger caught an attempted clearing pass from teammate Chris Pronger right in the mouth.

Smyth reached down to the ice for something and then quickly headed for the locker room and an impromptu visit with the dentist after he lost three teeth and had split both of his lips.

But he returned, just like we expect from a real life, honest-to-goodness, self-motivated hockey player. Like Ryan Smyth. Came back in time to miss just three shifts and play the same in-your-face aggressive game he always plays. And, on this night, he was there to win a fight for the puck behind the San Jose Sharks net and send it in front to linemate Shawn Horcoff for the winning goal to end a three-overtime decision for the Oilers in Game 3.

"For him to pick through the blood to pick up his teeth and come back is just amazing," Oilers goaltender Dwayne Roloson said. "But that's Ryan. He battles through adversity all the time. How can the rest of his teammates not be motivated by a player like that?"

Smyth didn't find the three teeth in the red ice, one of the linesmen did. The teeth were carefully put in a towel while Ryan went to the locker room to have his mouth stitched up. Unfortunately, the teeth couldn't be saved. But none of the formalities concerned this driven hockey player, who followed up his Game 3 heroics by contributing two assists in the Oilers' rally from a 2-0 deficit a couple nights later and then he added two goals and two assists in a third-straight victory for Edmonton May 14.

^that was indeed vicious

dorian gray said:
hahaha no they dont. everybody eventually has a bad game. it just sucks when it happens in the playoffs and youre playing a very hungry team. plus, toskala is a rookie, man. hes done well so far. where are those other badass rookies? lundqvist? hahaha give me a break. total failure in the playoffs.
yeah yeah, i was just pissed off...it's hard to watch the wheels come off before your eyes, especially after being THIS CLOSE to a 3-zip series lead :cry:

and toskala, yeah he's inexperienced, but 11 goals in two games? that's what i call self-incineration.

Sweden won the world championship or some shit, eh? Too bad all the world's top players are either in the NHL playoffs or else to worn out from the regular season to play in the Worlds. Heh, just kidding.