Official "Song of the Week" 2013 thread

Pretty cool band (that's the singer from Mnemic btw). I dug their first album and am finally getting around to getting their new one (which this song is on). They're pretty accessible but still unique imo.

(Remove the "s" from the http and it will embed- Glenn

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wowie Zowie Batman! That was amazing. I really didn't know he could sing like that.

Yeah. Me neither. I never cared much for the band even though The Boss is a HUGE fanboi. So when I first heard he was a Eurovision contestant I was like 'meh'. But the song certainly changed my mind. A great tune. A dynamic arrangement. And that pyro work...woah.

:devil:

Vandroya - The last free land

I picked up the Vandroya disc based on reading the 2013 releases thread.
It was cool, but at first listen seemed kinda samey. Couple more times through and the songs kinda separate. Well worth the effort.

I embedded the video. Please note that you must use the basic youtube link, not the "featured, referred, etc" link.- Glenn

Vandroya - The last free land

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZT2m-KtWF0

I picked up the Vandroya disc based on reading the 2013 releases thread.
It was cool, but at first listen seemed kinda samey. Couple more times through and the songs kinda separate. Well worth the effort.

I embedded the video. Please note that you must use the basic youtube link, not the "featured, referred, etc" link.- Glenn

Facebook suggested them to me. To me it was like if A Sound of thunder and Seven Kingdoms combined forces.... I kind of like Seven Kingoms more though in this case.

Thanks Glen, I knew there must be some trick. I r newb.

Facebook suggested them to me. To me it was like if A Sound of thunder and Seven Kingdoms combined forces.... I kind of like Seven Kingoms more though in this case.

I really want to listen to Seven Kingdoms, had the album in my cart a number of times. Problem is I've just finished the 3rd Ice & Fire book, and I didn't realize until looking at the track listing what they were all about. Figure I'd hold off until I'm done reading them so I don't accidentally spoil it for myself. Which is just bizarre, I'm sure it's not really the case.

Sound of Thunder are the best thing since sliced bread.

I really want to listen to Seven Kingdoms, had the album in my cart a number of times. Problem is I've just finished the 3rd Ice & Fire book, and I didn't realize until looking at the track listing what they were all about. Figure I'd hold off until I'm done reading them so I don't accidentally spoil it for myself. Which is just bizarre, I'm sure it's not really the case.

Don't worry - you won't spoil anything for yourself. :)

Mine is the new Spock's Beard, with Ted Leonard (and sounding better and different than on anything else I've heard from him to date):

Here's an interesting one. It's gothic metal a la Lacuna Coil crossbred with a rather nasty breed of death/thrash in the vein of The Crown and The Haunted. It sounds bizarre, and I've heard it attempted before with terrible results, but this song manages to work those elements together. This song's off their upcoming sophomore album, and while I do enjoy the debut, this song blows everything on it out of the water, and I'm eagerly awaiting the final product.