Official statement concerning the Israel Festival

Nosferatu6

Feb 12, 2002
www.evergrey.net
We are very sad to inform our friends and fans in Israel that we not will be performing at the Metalist Festival.

The entire band had been looking forward to this event and it sounded like a dream come true to see Israel.

Unfortunately there has been a lot of practical problems, and when the flight tickets were booked for the wrong day, there was simply no way we could travel to Israel.

Please understand that this was totally out of the band's control and that we would do nothing rather than come to this festival. We will do our best to come to Israel in the autumn or the winter instead.

The festival has also promised that they would explain to all at the festival that this was an error from their side and that EVERGREY are not to blame.
If this doesn't happen please let us know .

Sincerely
Tom, Michael, Henrik, Rikard and Jonas

but but but....I am from Israel :'( and and and....I already got the tickets and all set up.....this SUCKS!!!!!

Omfg, Evergrey are one of the 2 reasons i go to this fest, I don't need all these Israeli metal crap bands! and i already payed for the ticket!
:OMG: can it suck more mates???

i'm not sure what the fuck this is...
but i just asked one of the Metalst Festival organizers and he told me that this is some kind of a not funny joke and that actually Evergrey are on their way to Israel now.

Well... as for us Israel folks, it sucks.
A big part of us wanted to see you guys play.

Hmm. thats a shame.
BUT.

"Israeli metal crap bands"... Thats really not a way to put it.

Orphaned Land and Salem are 2 FANTASTIC bands, which I would go all the way to siberia to watch. we have planty of really good other Israeli bands, and you DEFENETLY shouldnt say crap to stuff that you dont know.

Its worth every friggin NIS or $ or whatever it is you pay. trust me.

and again - it is a shame, but it is worth it.
Hope to see you later on this year.

-TamTam

And concerning the last reply.. if it is true and its a really not funny joke...

FUCK YOU . lol.

not funny. hardly. grr.

I knew about this cancellation already on today's noon. At about 1pm, when I received the E-mail from Mike.

The time now is about 11:30pm, and the festival's management hasn't posted any info concerning Evergrey's cancellation.
This organization is repulsive, and disgusting, and most of all - irresponsible.
I've missed those guys twice in Germany, arranged a special vacation from the field in Gaza to come and see those guys, and in the end I need to hear about the cancellation from the band itself, and not the festival organizers, which still, about 14 hours before the festival starts, haven't notified the fans about this cancellation.
It's a disgrace, and makes you truly understand why many bands don't want to perform in Israel.

I basically bought this ticket especially to see my favorite band, which I've missed twice in Germany already, I wasted a lot of my money, and my special vacation, and I'm gonna demand alllllllllllll my money back tomorrow from the organizers. If not - I'm gonna sue their asses - BIG TIME!

I hope many are with me, so we can sue their asses seriously.

Well it is most regretful not seeing you guys here
but it is only better if you come later, evergrey should be HEADLINER band, it was very hard to stay up for 12 fuckin hours on the fest.... which wasnt that bad.

Regardless of what happend between the two sides, I hope you will reach an agreement

Niflheim said:
I knew about this cancellation already on today's noon. At about 1pm, when I received the E-mail from Mike.

The time now is about 11:30pm, and the festival's management hasn't posted any info concerning Evergrey's cancellation.
This organization is repulsive, and disgusting, and most of all - irresponsible.
I've missed those guys twice in Germany, arranged a special vacation from the field in Gaza to come and see those guys, and in the end I need to hear about the cancellation from the band itself, and not the festival organizers, which still, about 14 hours before the festival starts, haven't notified the fans about this cancellation.
It's a disgrace, and makes you truly understand why many bands don't want to perform in Israel.

I basically bought this ticket especially to see my favorite band, which I've missed twice in Germany already, I wasted a lot of my money, and my special vacation, and I'm gonna demand alllllllllllll my money back tomorrow from the organizers. If not - I'm gonna sue their asses - BIG TIME!

I hope many are with me, so we can sue their asses seriously.
\

It is your right
Heres what I can say
They suck, but it is more or less the only scene we have, and remember to keep it intact for the others.