Oh my god drum nightmare.

Loren Littlejohn

Lover of all boobage.
So I recorded this newb band who IMO not so good :lol:

Anyhow, so I tried the whole "don't use a metronome thing" with the drummer and it's bad. Man it's real bad. I am talking cut and move hits around bad kind of bad. I mean man it's really really bad. Why can't drummers (whos job it is to keep the beat) stay in time? :erk:

Charge for all the extra editing time or get him to get his shit together and do it again. Either way, make all that tedium worth your while. We need to start taking a stand, no matter where in the world we are, and show bands that certain shit just doesn't fly. Back when you had to fork out over a grand a day for a 24-track studio, it weeded out those who had absolutely no clue on what was required.

Good Idea :heh: except it's my brothers band :erk:

I have already been on his shit. I don't know this dude. They were talking about going and spending more and tracking in a nicer studio. In witch my reply was "go ahead you will waste your money". Seriously I make them sound better than they are :(

On the flip side I recorded a metal band and the drummer wasn't to awfull. But I agree never would I do this for anyone I didn't know that well.

Did you use the Firepod for this? How did it turn out? Good I hope. :headbang:

Maybe just show the drummer how badly he is off and ask him if he could work with a metronome for 2 weeks and come back. With young bands, I have seen drummers completely do a 180 after getting used to a metronome and it makes the editing a lot easier for you too.

Did you use the Firepod for this? How did it turn out? Good I hope. :headbang:

Maybe just show the drummer how badly he is off and ask him if he could work with a metronome for 2 weeks and come back. With young bands, I have seen drummers completely do a 180 after getting used to a metronome and it makes the editing a lot easier for you too.

Yeah he is a newb so... I guess I am just gonna trig. Oh the firepod worked out ok ;)

I was shocked to find that a USB exsternal HD was fast enough to get all 8 tracks onto it. It was a small drumset too so not to difficult to mic. Just not a great drumset soundwise.