OH SHITTT ANTHRAX IS BACK!! THANKS JOEY!!!

With Joey, it sounds like a metal band with a killer singer. With Bush, it sounds like a metal band with two Scott Ians singing. Neither is bad, but let's not lose our heads here.

Scott's hardcore-style singing on "Snap/I'd Rather Be Sleeping," "Protest and Survive," "Startin' Up a Posse," etc. has always made me want to hear a project with him as the lead vocalist. He was perfect as John's back-up singer.

I agree with Mr. Dredd.

It may all be a matter of taste when it comes to voice / vocal style...

It is. 90% of the posts on this board are "Joey sucks" or "Bush sucks" when neither is even remotely true. It's like reading the same thread over and over 1000 times.

Both guys have awesome skills and are music to somebody's ears.

With Joey, it sounds like a metal band with a killer singer. With Bush, it sounds like a metal band with two Scott Ians singing. Neither is bad, but let's not lose our heads here.

With Belladonna Anthrax is a good live band but with Bush they were even better live and very underrated. I know you wont agree with that so keep swinging on Joeys nuts 6er.

That video comparison is two different qualities with Bush's video having a better camera. I don't see how people can bitch about Joey being the singer. They tried to make you all happy by trying to get Bush and it just didn't work out. Wouldn't the next best choice be the only other singer Anthrax has ever had for an extended amount of time? Just sit tight and be excited for the next record/live performance even if you're not going to be as excited as you would have if Bush was singing, still be excited!

That video comparison is two different qualities with Bush's video having a better camera. I don't see how people can bitch about Joey being the singer. They tried to make you all happy by trying to get Bush and it just didn't work out. Wouldn't the next best choice be the only other singer Anthrax has ever had for an extended amount of time? Just sit tight and be excited for the next record/live performance even if you're not going to be as excited as you would have if Bush was singing, still be excited!

WTF? o_O
The video with Joey is a professional shot while the Bush one is filmed by a handy camera from the audience. Okay, the Joey one is a handy video from a professional shot, but quality is still better, because a handy camera is not really suited for a live environment.

You really should read my posts. I am not bitching because they got Joey, i am bitching because Joey refuses to sing for some reason. As i already said, i may be more a Bush fan, but i also always liked Joey. Joey CAN sing. He just doesn't. He tries to be Bush. That's just pathetic. He should just be himself again and everything would be fine. I can't understand why people are supporting this bullshit. Why get someone to try to sing like someone else?

WTF? o_O
The video with Joey is a professional shot while the Bush one is filmed by a handy camera from the audience. Okay, the Joey one is a handy video from a professional shot, but quality is still better, because a handy camera is not really suited for a live environment.

You really should read my posts. I am not bitching because they got Joey, i am bitching because Joey refuses to sing for some reason. As i already said, i may be more a Bush fan, but i also always liked Joey. Joey CAN sing. He just doesn't. He tries to be Bush. That's just pathetic. He should just be himself again and everything would be fine. I can't understand why people are supporting this bullshit. Why get someone to try to sing like someone else?

Maybe he's just trying to ound like Bush just to please you and Antwax:devil:

Maybe he's just trying to ound like Bush just to please you and Antwax:devil:

Don't you actually read what i post or why is everybody assuming that i'm a Bush fan who isn't happy with Joey being in the band? I always liked Joey, it's just that his performances at Sonisphere were embarrassingly bad.

Am I the only person thats bummed things didn't work out with Dan Nelson?!! This is not a slamming of any other Thrax singer, but I was so pumped for WM with Nelson at the helm. The guy has a great voice and could sing any era material brilliantly, not to mention giving the band an energy and relevance I dont think they'd had for years. Again not slamming Joey. He's there - fine. Just thought Dan was great. Shame things didn't work out imo.

@ Timmyc

Though I'm happy that Joey is back I was I looking forward to hearing more from Dan. When he first joined the band he was doing those Anselmo screams during "Madhouse" which really pissed me off - but as time went on he did something that John Bush rarely did with Anthrax - he actually SANG through the heavier numbers and he sounded better and better. I remember seeing then at that Shitty Red Bull Snowscrappers event last year and Dan was tearin' it up! What still irks me about the whole thing is ... Anthrax nor Dan explained what happened, it all just crashed over a weekend and Anthrax were without a singer. As a fan I feel I deserve an explanation on what (happened) and why? But from Anthrax's and (Dan's) point of view they really don't have to explain anything. I still think it's fucked up and dirty that they're gonna trash a completely fresh new album with a new singer just because of a weekend quarrel.

@ All the Joey Haters

Just remember anybody can sound like John Bush by screaming their head off - it takes talent to have a voice like Joey's.

During the Sonisphere shows Joey did sing in a lower tone but that doesn't mean he was trying to sound like Bush - he was trying something new for Anthrax completely, it was far from bad and it can only get better from here

Don't you actually read what i post or why is everybody assuming that i'm a Bush fan who isn't happy with Joey being in the band? I always liked Joey, it's just that his performances at Sonisphere were embarrassingly bad.

I disagree with your assesment of Joey, I think he is (from what I've seen) doing just fine.

Anthrax are in a slightly different position than the other bands because they have a front man, e.g. someone whose job it is to sing and does not have an instrument to play. the overall performance is always going to be slightly different from the rest.

As for Joey, even after all these years in the industry this must be a tough gig for him. He'll know, like we all do, that he is only there because things did not work out with Nelson and Bush. Maybe he is subconciously at times siging lower to mimic Bush, who knows??

not to overstate the obvious but at this stage, after a handful of shows, a few reviews, the film night and some utube videos opinions are still divided on the current anthrax line up. Maybe Joey's voice will get better. Maybe not.

I think he's doing it to prove that anyone can step in at a moment's notice and sound like Bush. The boys could trot out a brain-damaged test monkey to aggressively burp into a mic to the beat of "What Doesn't Die."

If that's it, it's a complete FAIL.

finally, i am excited about Anthrax again. been a fan since 87, but lost interest during the Bush years. John Bush is cool and SOWN was a great album, but i love the Injun. i can't wait until they put out a new album with Joey singing. \m/

Just remember anybody can sound like John Bush by screaming their head off - it takes talent to have a voice like Joey's.

Well, apparently Joey can't.
Perhaps he should use his talent and start singing. Because - and i'm going to say this for the last time - i'm not a Joey hater, i like it when he sings. But you can't objectively call it singing what he did the last couple of days.

During the Sonisphere shows Joey did sing in a lower tone but that doesn't mean he was trying to sound like Bush - he was trying something new for Anthrax completely, it was far from bad and it can only get better from here

You are right about one thing - it can only get better from here. Because it's near to impossible "singing" even worse than he did.

Just think about it.
When Joey left the band for the first time, Anthrax was looking for a heavier singer. After the reunion they wanted again Bush to do the job, because he is a heavier singer. When they couldn't get him they got Nelson, who is an even heavier singer, and they told everyone the next album would be the heaviest one they ever did. They want this. They want a heavy singer, not one that does very high screams.
So my guess is, either they want Joey to sing in a lower tone or Joey tries to impress them by singing in a lower voice.

In the end it doesn't really matter. It sounds terrible. But he is a great singer if he wants to be. He should stick to being himself and doing what he does best: Singing in a high, 80es-metallish tone.

Your post history says otherwise. Everyone knows you're still Bushhurt. LOL

Perhaps you should learn to read properly.

So you can't criticize something / someone you actually like? It's really sad that as soon as you say something negative about Joey, people put you in a drawer. There is a difference between not liking a singer and not liking a certain performance of a singer.

WTF? o_O

"Professional shot"? Really? LMAOOOOOOOO!!!!

This whole debate is silly. Both of the videos posted were of CRAP quality, sound-wise. There are many hi-def live videos of Anthrax (i.e. reunion tour, etc) posted on youtube of a MUCH better sound quality than what was posted in this thread. So, to compare two cheap live recordings side by side where both the music and vocals are undermined is plain silly. The recording quality of those vids didn't sound any better than a cheap cell phone recording.