Anthrax is a joke - Who is in the band this week?

iamthenewlaw

New Metal Member
Jun 18, 2008
What # singer is this? Let's see, there was Neil, some guy before him, Joey, John & now Dan. Next let's take a look at guitar. Danny, Paul, Rob, Dan Lilker or was he on bass? Anyway I am sure a few others I can not recall. Now let's move on to bass. Frankie, family member to Charlie & long time Anthrax member. Fired... or quit to be replaced by Joey V. in 2003. Joey V. then dumped on his face so they can take Frankie back. Now guess what (6/2008)?? Frankie is either fired or quit again and Joey V. is back. Joey, John's best friend, will step in a pile of shit that even John wouldn't step back in. How many times will Joey B. step back in before he says he has has enough. What about Frankie? And now Joey V. also back for some more. This revolving door of a band is nothing more than a cover band of themselves. Joey B. sang Neil's songs. John had to sing Neil and Joey's songs. And now Dan has to sing Neil, Joey, and John's songs. Who will sing Dan's songs next? Hey guy... hang it up. This band is nothing more than karaoke. I know some die hard fan will dispute this post but call it what it is. A circus with Scott and Charlie as the ringleaders. I just hope this circus stops coming to town!

Ha ha - you are correct sir. Frank is once again out and Joey Vera is back in.

Good times.

What # singer is this? Let's see, there was Neil, some guy before him, Joey, John & now Dan. Next let's take a look at guitar. Danny, Paul, Rob, Dan Lilker or was he on bass? Anyway I am sure a few others I can not recall. Now let's move on to bass. Frankie, family member to Charlie & long time Anthrax member. Fired... or quit to be replaced by Joey V. in 2003. Joey V. then dumped on his face so they can take Frankie back. Now guess what (6/2008)?? Frankie is either fired or quit again and Joey V. is back. Joey, John's best friend, will step in a pile of shit that even John wouldn't step back in. How many times will Joey B. step back in before he says he has has enough. What about Frankie? And now Joey V. also back for some more. This revolving door of a band is nothing more than a cover band of themselves. Joey B. sang Neil's songs. John had to sing Neil and Joey's songs. And now Dan has to sing Neil, Joey, and John's songs. Who will sing Dan's songs next? Hey guy... hang it up. This band is nothing more than karaoke. I know some die hard fan will dispute this post but call it what it is. A circus with Scott and Charlie as the ringleaders. I just hope this circus stops coming to town!

so Black Sabbath was a joke then for all those years, because they were Tony Iommi and a bunch of hired hands for a while?

Deep Purple is a joke because Ian Paice is the only constant.,

Testament is a joke too because its only been Chuck Billy and Eric Peterson as a constant.

Of course Megadeth is a joke because because its really only Dave Mustaine.

Motorhead's a joke too of course because Lemmy is the only original member as well.

Iron Maiden must be a joke as well because they have had 3 singers, with one of them leaving and then coming back, also Steve Harris is the only guy to have never left the band.

You know something, maybe your the joke. Yeah that's probably it, if you don't like Anthrax, why don't you go somewhere else and rip on them like Billy Milano's forum or blabbermouth.net.

OP: Get a life. Don't come here with your shit talking. Your facts are far from and your knowledge of the band is ever further. If you don't like a band, then don't listen to them. Plane and simple. I don't like tons of bands, but I have better shit to do than sign up for any of those given bands message forums to go talking shit about stuff I have no clue about. Go read a book or tell your mom you love her. Your time here is being wasted.

manthatfollowshell, you have a good point but you forgot one band. Axl calling himself Guns N Roses... also not a joke. I commend your loyalty, something members of this band are not.

Wait to see who is playing bass in Montreal...then you will know.

Here is what's happening, now iamthenewlaw and sfn can go back to touching each other.

ANTHRAX will utilize the services of bassist Joey Vera (ARMORED SAINT, FATES WARNING) for its appearance at the Heavy MTL festival on Sunday, June 22 at Parc Jean-Drapeau in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. "Frankie [Bello, ANTHRAX's longtime bassist] can't make the Montreal gig due to a family obligation," the band's manager, Izvor Zivkovic of Split Media, told BLABBERMOUTH.NET in a statement. "Our old friend Joey is stepping in last minute and helping us out."

Rumors that Bello had once again left ANTHRAX and was replaced by Vera first surfaced earlier this week and have been gaining strength in the last couple of days.

Vera temporarily replaced Bello in ANTHRAX from April 2004 to March 2005 before Frankie returned to the group as part of the reunion of ANTHRAX's classic lineup, also featuring singer Joey Belladonna and guitarist Dan Spitz.

Yep. Unfortunately the story someone else posted over at www.thegauntlet.com is closer to the truth.
Weird that someone posted it a full 2 days before there was an official statement.

Well, they just added an update to that story that reads, "Band members have kissed and made up."

Sadly, it has become a circus. We'll see if they can salvage any credibility with this album and a tour. I have to say I'm skeptical.

What they need to do is hire a PR firm. THey have done a HORRIBLE job of PR throughout the last couple of years.

i think hes just an angry 13 who saw the reunion tour and was a jump on the band wagon fan. now hes angry cuz joey and dan are gone now and to him its no longer anthrax to him cuz the classic line up left. did you cry when they left?? dont worry your mom will serve you up some cookies and milk. cheer up kid life gets better. so dont come here bashing the band if yah dont know shit!!!

Gotta say, I am not a huge fan of "Fight 'em": sounds like a weird Anselmo-clone doing an Anthrax song from 1987, that was never meant to be released.

What the hell is this?

And I am not going to comment on the butchery that he laid on "Safe Home". They should give it a rest. No offense, to those dumb shits out there, who have to defend every-goddamned-thing this band does. Maybe it will sound better from the studio....but I doubt it.:kickass:

Night, fuckers.

Today I´m in the band, feels good. Hope they replace me with the guy from Mr Big. They say he´s a mean bassplayer but Mr Big were a wuss-band so people will be chanting "bring back Hamster"!