My predictions for 2005

Matt Bello

Sexiest Member
Feb 4, 2002
Québec, Canada
Visit site
Anthrax have a lot of fans in europe, they got momentum and have built a large fans base over past years, they have descent europe album sales.
Anthrax will playing their reunion tour in europe and after european have heard and see Joey, nobody in europe will want to buy or going to a anthrax show.
I hope i'm wrong and i hope they never bring back Joey permanently. John is so much better.
The only good thing of this reunion, it's the return fo Frankie. And i hope he gonna stay in the band after this.
P.S: I got nothing against the return of Dan, i prefer Rob, but it's not a major change like changing the voice and the frontman of the band. :hotjump:

Anthrax lost also a lot of European fans with SOWN - I remember when they were playing Vienna with that album they had to change the venue from a hall to a rock club which wasn´t nearly half as big. The decline may not have been as strong as in the USA but it was there. As I have noticed, many former fans who weren´t interested in the "new" Anthrax (like me) are now curious about the reunion thing which could draw some attention to the band. There are for sure more "old schoolers" than "new schoolers, so I don´t consider it a risk.

Schurl said:
Anthrax lost also a lot of European fans with SOWN - I remember when they were playing Vienna with that album they had to change the venue from a hall to a rock club which wasn´t nearly half as big. The decline may not have been as strong as in the USA but it was there. As I have noticed, many former fans who weren´t interested in the "new" Anthrax (like me) are now curious about the reunion thing which could draw some attention to the band. There are for sure more "old schoolers" than "new schoolers, so I don´t consider it a risk.

It was the opposite in Scotland for most of the dates played here post Joey. Usually the band were booked to play the rather small Garage nightclub but 3 outta five times they have been moved to the much larger Barrowlands ballroom. Ok Anthrax are not playing stadiums but they are still very popular in the UK. :headbang:

Jockthrax said:
It was the opposite in Scotland for most of the dates played here post Joey. Usually the band were booked to play the rather small Garage nightclub but 3 outta five times they have been moved to the much larger Barrowlands ballroom. Ok Anthrax are not playing stadiums but they are still very popular in the UK. :headbang:

They've also done a lot over the past three years to rebuild their fanbase in UK/Eruope. On Volume 8 they barely were able to tour Europe because their record label fucking sucked. Despite their current label sucking ass they still have toured Europe several times and even played countries they hadn't played before. I'd have to look at a list to count how many times they've played Europe since the 2002 tour with Motorhead.

jdelpi said:
They've also done a lot over the past three years to rebuild their fanbase in UK/Eruope. On Volume 8 they barely were able to tour Europe because their record label fucking sucked. Despite their current label sucking ass they still have toured Europe several times and even played countries they hadn't played before. I'd have to look at a list to count how many times they've played Europe since the 2002 tour with Motorhead.

I thought they did a nice job of rebuilding their "street" cred in the metal scene in the US too. They basically started promoting this album with the Priest tour, then a "co-headliner" with Motorhead, a headline tour w/ Lacuna Coil, Lamb of God, and E-Town, then a halloween run through the east coast hitting oft missed cities w/ local support, then a midwest run for the holidays. A couple of one off's in the spring, then a run w/ Dio. If I would have thought the DIO tour would be the last with John, I would have been to some shows.
:yell:

jdelpi said:
They've also done a lot over the past three years to rebuild their fanbase in UK/Eruope. On Volume 8 they barely were able to tour Europe because their record label fucking sucked.

Yet they managed to play in Prague on a Volume 8 tour and it was a brilliant show.

europe will go crazy(in a good way) if belladonna comes back,are u people scared that and album with joey and dan might be fucking killer,anyone remember p.o.t?,all i want is for anthrax to keep inspired and to keep bringing out great music,a change could do them the world of good.

mrthrax said:
europe will go crazy(in a good way) if belladonna comes back,are u people scared that and album with joey and dan might be fucking killer,anyone remember p.o.t?,all i want is for anthrax to keep inspired and to keep bringing out great music,a change could do them the world of good.

where did you get this crazy notion they are doing an album with Belladonna?

mrthrax said:

yes but POT would have been even more killer, had Bush replaced Mr.Cheesy prior to recording this album.

johnnieCzech said:
yes but POT would have been even more killer, had Bush replaced Mr.Cheesy prior to recording this album.

Johnnie, you are one of the coolest mother fuckers here on UM, but for you to say that I have to say, your fucking crazy dude...