ANTHRAX support

Sgt-D said:
Hopefully Frank's back to stay, though.
I agree. When they announced the 2004 Australian tour I was so fucking happy :hotjump: , but at the same time I could not believe Frank had left. :erk:
The 2005 reunion tour, brilliant! Personally I prefer John Bush singing, but love the earlier choppy thrash sound. I'll still be there and suffer minor whiplash the next day!

My thinking it can't be that easy to keep going for so long and in the past months diff. members have had pretty major stuff to deal with - birth of a child and death of friend/brother. Thats pretty major shit. It may have something to do with nothing who knows.

Like some I support a band that I have done since I was fifteen and am so fucking grateful at the age of 33 can still see them again and not coz they're doing farewell gig no 5 either.

Lastly touring Australia can't be a huge money spinner either, we have a tiny population and you have to fly to each capital city.
Two tours in two years :worship: :headbang: :worship:

You can't even compare John Bush to Ripper.
I like Ripper and all, but he was only on two priest albums, and 2 albums that basically sucked (not because of Ripper)...

Plus, John Bush has been Anthrax's singer for longer than Joey ever was.

Deege said:
You can't even compare John Bush to Ripper.
I like Ripper and all, but he was only on two priest albums, and 2 albums that basically sucked (not because of Ripper)...

Yer right - but at least I didn't mention Blayze Bailey!

John is tops, completely. ANTHRAX kept cred with him, for sure.
I really think WCFYA is the best metal album of the last few years.

Still, if they wanna hook up with Joey, or if John bowed out for some reason, that's their business. Literally!

I'm just glad Frankie's back, and that ANTHRAX is still chugging along.

Before you say if Anthrax should keep the old lineup, you should wait to have hear Joey and Dan play. 13 years have pass since the last time they have played all together. Maybe the magic will be gone and maybe Joey and Dan will be poor? Who knows? Lets the time tell if they had to came together or going back with John and Rob! We know John and Rob kick ass live, but let see if Joey and Dan still kick ass live. I doubt for Joey, the last tours they've made with him, it was hard for him to sing well. Let him proove itself before saying that you want him to be the singer of the band for the futur! :loco:

Matt Bello said:
Before you say if Anthrax should keep the old lineup, you should wait to have hear Joey and Dan play. 13 years have pass since the last time they have played all together. Maybe the magic will be gone and maybe Joey and Dan will be poor! Who knows! Lets the time tell if they had to came together or going back with John and Rob! We know John and Rob kick ass live, but lets see if Joey and Dan still kick ass live. I doubt for Joey, the last tours they've made with him, it was hard for him to sing well. Let him proove itself before saying that you want im to be the singer of the band for the futur!

I agree with what you're saying, In my last post I meant that the old lineup should stay together if they were as good as they were. I saw Joey last fall and he kicked ass, at least at the show I saw, so I'm confident that he'll pull it off, Dan seems to have the passion back for playing, so as long as he can get his chops back, hopefully he'll fuckin' rule as well! Imo Scott, Charlie, and Frank will kick HUGE amounts of ass as usual! But yes everyone (me included) just has to wait and see how everything turns out.

Sorry dude, but I would be pointing and laughing anyways. I just don't care for Joey's voice is all but whatever with that being said, let the old schooler's have their fun:wave: . I have loads of other bands that I like to listen to so it's not a big deal to me.

MyHatredforYouRunsDeep said:
Sorry dude, but I would be pointing and laughing anyways. I just don't care for Joey's voice is all but whatever with that being said, let the old schooler's have their fun:wave: . I have loads of other bands that I like to listen to so it's not a big deal to me.

period.

I'm pretty sure they must be confident that they can pull this off, otherwise they would never have made an official announcement. I don't think they went into this not having jammed with Joey and Danny on some level. As for pointing and laughing, remember there's 3 finger pointed back at you and when it comes to critics, I feel the band will get the last laugh either way.ANTHRAX - Music Of Mass Destruction! A Look Back. REUNION - Full Speed Ahead!

Matt Bello said:
Before you say if Anthrax should keep the old lineup, you should wait to have hear Joey and Dan play. 13 years have pass since the last time they have played all together. Maybe the magic will be gone and maybe Joey and Dan will be poor? Who knows? Lets the time tell if they had to came together or going back with John and Rob! We know John and Rob kick ass live, but let see if Joey and Dan still kick ass live. I doubt for Joey, the last tours they've made with him, it was hard for him to sing well. Let him proove itself before saying that you want him to be the singer of the band for the futur! :loco:

This is my most major concern too. Spitz was great in his prime, but what about now?!? That's a long fucking time off.