ohh hows about that!

personally i think it's a great album

in a way it's similar to iron maiden's 1st album, dodgy production but the quality of the songs shines through

must say the quality of the new stuff on the site is better than what is found on myspace and rocks even more cos of that. my niece was enjoying it as well (she's almost 21 months old)

Agree with Dan up to a point, you can hear the quality of the songs despite the production - as I've said many times it's the worst Simon Efemy job I've heard. As for the artwork, well, I don't judge a book by the cover (although some people will) and I've certainly seen worse.

But I can see where the band are coming from, NVS comes over rather poor when compared to BotE and the band no doubt feel it doesn't represent them very well. It's rather like the Fear Inside EP, the band have moved on an awful lot since then.

Of course, as the band now own the record, they are free to release it again in the future should they choose to (seems unlikely at the moment, admittedly) or even rerecord the album at some point.

Ive lived and died by that album 10000x - ok so not literally - but the day i heard that first it changed music - and life - for me in a million ways.

i love it -but i know they were never as ok with it as they should have been because of the reasons stated.

i can totally agree with why they would want to do so.

they have moved on a lot - but it still represents fantastic music - just as tracks on fear inside do - life would be a lot less metal without them in my collection.

hoorah for us having two copies then ;)

mabees i better buy more for when they are worth shed loads and collectors editions :)

I thought the production gave the album a real personality, it almost felt like a live set because it was kinda echo-y. You could hear the instruments clearly though, and of course every song sounded amazing at gigs! I will never part with my completely signed copy, it's almost as high in regard as my BOTE one :)

I think it's a great album, one of my favourites ever. It's the first I've heard about the band being unhappy with NVS so it's a complete shock for me 'coz I think its fuckin gold dust! But n/m if they think it's not doing them any favours, fair enough

It's a good debut album, but I can see why they want to delete it. As for the artwork, it's not important to me but most people do judge a book by it's cover, and the artwork it terrible. What were Dream Catcher thinking?

Slasher said:
I think it's a great album, one of my favourites ever. It's the first I've heard about the band being unhappy with NVS so it's a complete shock for me 'coz I think its fuckin gold dust! But n/m if they think it's not doing them any favours, fair enough

I believe the band had so many problems with it, and had so many fuck-ups courtesy of Dreamcatcher and their associated parties, that it has just left a really bad taste. I think the worst part of the album is the production, which is awful compared to Beckoning. I suppose it doesn't matter if you listen on a set of earphones, but through a hi-fidelity stereo, it's worse than the original Rust In Peace.

Musically, I think the album is awesome - perhaps not as good as 54's later material, but still a hell of a lot better than a lot of other acts in a similar vein.

As a shadow of the past, a reminder of how wrong things can go, if the band feel better by taking it out of circulation, then I'm all for it. Let them worry about newer, brighter (or darker :p ) better things. Long live Last Embrace as the set closer, I say :)

Got a mention in the TotalRock news:
NO VISIBLE ALBUM
Acclaimed young British band Area 54 have bought back the rights to their debut album, 'No Visible Scars' - but only to delete it. Once the current pressing is sold out, that's it. There will be no further copies available.