Ok, i'm new to Katatonia, help me out, what album should i buy?

asztrod

New Metal Member
Oct 11, 2005
As the title states i'm looking for the "best" Katatonia album to start with.

please help me out would you...

asztrod said:
As the title states i'm looking for the "best" Katatonia album to start with.

please help me out would you...

Buy "Brave Yesterdays", Discouraged Ones, Tonight's Decision, Last Fair Deal Gone Down and Viva Emptiness.

You don't have to buy them all at the same time, but you can start, for instance, with Viva Emptiness and work yourself back in time.

my fav band is opeth but i also love metallica for instance, i've only heard like one or two songs... sweet nurse, passing bird and don't tell a soul, like em all...

thx for your replies...

Well, that's all from LFDGD, so it would be logic to buy that album...and this is considered 'New era Katatonia', and albums from that era is:Discouraged Ones, Tonight decision, Last fair deal gone down, and Viva emptiness...They are all graet, very similiar...For example i first time heard Discouraged Ones, and I fell in love with it...Great album...Well, than if you like death metal more, should buy Dance of december souls, or Brave murder day...Enjoy

Yeah, remembering that Brave Murder Day, has Mikael Åkerfeldt on the vocals...you'll probably like this album. But if all the songs you've heard are from LFDGD, you should buy it.
There are a plenty of songs that are even better than those you mentioned.

The Beatles were my favorite band growing up and I was too young to make the trip to St. Louis to see them play! arrrrgh