Ok, I've had it with Chicago radio station 94.7

Dredd74

Aug 23, 2003
Illinois
Visit site
94.7 The Zone here in Chicago claims to be huge supporters of Anthrax, they even went as far as saying last Wednesday while talking to Scott Ian on the air that they consider Anthrax a Chicago band. Safe Home was voted #1 for weeks on their station, and yet do they ever fucking play them??? NO!!!!! I'm sick of it. They claim to be Chicago's hard rock/heavy metal station, they say they play what other stations don't, um.....BULLSHIT!!!!!!! All you Chicago fans and anyone else who gives a shit, please take a few moments and send an e-mail to the program director telling him to get off his ass and play some Anthrax. Although don't be a dick about it. Just state the fact that Thrax still holds their own against any band out there and deserves the airtime that The Zone would rather give to Metallica every hour or Velvet Revolver or Zeppelin. Same shit as every other radio station. Go to this link and select Zone Programming and let them know that true metal fans still exist and we're tired of the shit. Fuck I'm pissed, I need a beer and a smoke.

http://www.947thezone.com/contactus.asp

raga - I think you're right

In LA we got one metal show one night a week on a station thats good about punk and other cool music

GregadetH said:
Either one of you whiners ever heard gergia rock radio?:erk: No. I rest my case.

What u have is infinitley better than what I have.

I'm surprised, I've been down through Tennessee and Kentucky and shit, and surprisingly I thought that the radio they had there was alot better than here in Chicago. I own a place up in Wisconsin, there's a radio station there that totally fuckin' rocks, and that's up in the boonies. It's just sad to me that kids nowadays think Korn is metal. That's scary. And being in Chicago I would figure there would be more of a demand for some heavier shit on the radio. They do have a show on their called radio anarchy which plays Pantera and shit, but that's on at like 3 am, I ain't up for that. Thank God for cd players.

the problem is: Chicago is EXPECTED to have a station that plays Anthrax and the like, especially after they CLAIM to..Chicago is pissing me off! New York- here I come!!!!!! Hey! isn't that where Rob lives.....?????? ;)

The radio station where I grew up at wouldn't touch Anthrax with a 10' pole and the rubber gloves. I don't know how long I tried. The station here plays Pantera, Megadeth, Metallica (old school only) and the normal new stuff too, Korn, Velvet Revolver. I have heard Anthrax on it here too, forgot which one it was though.

Don't worry Dredd, I've sent the Zone many e-mails about Anthrax. Hell, I'm always calling up too to get them to play it. They alwaysay, "We'll see what we can do." The only good time on that station is from 3-5am...and I'm never up then!

In Holy Toledo (not Spain, dingleberry) they play Potter's Field in the background for ticket giveaways, etc. I called them up, WIOT 104.7, to say "Hey, let's here some..." They say to call back Fri. @ 11:00 b/c that's they're new metal hour or something. Wed. Damien(anyone remember them from here? I'll buy ya beer!) opened for Jackyl. I hit the cars and WIOT van with TGOTE stickers. Could be another drop in the bucket. Gonna hand out more at GWAR. (Can't keep enough in the CD outlets it seems like but I keep putting more in each week).

The other day Dickie Barrett played Got the Time and I about shit my pants. Outside of the metal show Indie has I never hear Anthrax on the radio unless KROQ(alternative station) plays Bring the Noise. That station plays all the nu-metal stuff and Mettalica. KLOS a classic rock station plays Mettalica, AC\DC and Zeppelin.

Steve Jones did play Ace of Spades one day that was cool.

LA Radio sucks for metal.

And remington Afternoon Anthrax would rule.

Bass Fellow said:
In Holy Toledo (not Spain, dingleberry) they play Potter's Field in the background for ticket giveaways, etc. I called them up, WIOT 104.7, to say "Hey, let's here some..." They say to call back Fri. @ 11:00 b/c that's they're new metal hour or something. Wed. Damien(anyone remember them from here? I'll buy ya beer!) opened for Jackyl. I hit the cars and WIOT van with TGOTE stickers. Could be another drop in the bucket. Gonna hand out more at GWAR. (Can't keep enough in the CD outlets it seems like but I keep putting more in each week).

It's called high voltage and it's every weeknight at 11:00 p.m. If I worked second shift I would bug the piss out of them but I usually go to bed around then. What pisses me off is that Anthrax is good enough to be played any time of the day.

The web site is www.wiot.com

People still listen to the radio?? What the fuck for. I have not listened to a radio station for over 2 years now. CDs, now my IPOD. If I want to hear Anthrax, guess what I listen to Anthrax. I dont have to listen to some wannabe poser DJ playing the "hits". RADIO IS DEAD. Internet radio is OK, and Sirrius Satellite radio is good, but my IPOD full of the music I like is where its at.

Traditional FM radio will NEVER play Anthrax on a regular basis because Antrax, and Anthraxs label will not pay the $$$ required to get onto the radio. Payola is alive and well, and if you think any different you are wrong.

Dredd74 said:
They do have a show on their called radio anarchy which plays Pantera and shit, but that's on at like 3 am, I ain't up for that. Thank God for cd players.

They played Lamb of God an hour ago.

muffytheVampirelayer said:
People still listen to the radio?? What the fuck for. I have not listened to a radio station for over 2 years now. CDs, now my IPOD. If I want to hear Anthrax, guess what I listen to Anthrax. I dont have to listen to some wannabe poser DJ playing the "hits". RADIO IS DEAD. Internet radio is OK, and Sirrius Satellite radio is good, but my IPOD full of the music I like is where its at.

Traditional FM radio will NEVER play Anthrax on a regular basis because Antrax, and Anthraxs label will not pay the $$$ required to get onto the radio. Payola is alive and well, and if you think any different you are wrong.

At work all I have is the FM radio, either that or Muzak. We had a cd player in our garage, but the summer help kid broke the disc changer playing his "white boy wants to be a gangster music." Pissed me off. I don't wanna bring another to work because of the possibility of that shit happening again.