Ok, I've had it with Chicago radio station 94.7

muffytheVampirelayer said:
People still listen to the radio?? What the fuck for. I have not listened to a radio station for over 2 years now. CDs, now my IPOD. If I want to hear Anthrax, guess what I listen to Anthrax. I dont have to listen to some wannabe poser DJ playing the "hits". RADIO IS DEAD. Internet radio is OK, and Sirrius Satellite radio is good, but my IPOD full of the music I like is where its at.

Traditional FM radio will NEVER play Anthrax on a regular basis because Antrax, and Anthraxs label will not pay the $$$ required to get onto the radio. Payola is alive and well, and if you think any different you are wrong.

I don't have an IPOD, but I was thinking something along the same lines.

I remember on T.V. back in the early 90's we had a show locally out of Athens called '30 Minutes of Rock' that was oddly enough, 2 hours long. I remember that was the first place I saw the video for 'HyProGlo'....anyway the host of that show had a metal show on 103.7 fm but he was yanked for playing NIN 'Closer'. That was the last time I heard anything decent on the radio in Ga. :(

I recommend either the IPod, or the Dell DJ 40gb or larger. Perfect way to hold all your tunes 15000+ songs. Hit random, and you will never hear the same song for a very long time. It takes a while to load all you music into your player but well worth it.

jdelpi said:
I don't have an IPOD, but I was thinking something along the same lines.

Dredd74 said:
At work all I have is the FM radio, either that or Muzak. We had a cd player in our garage, but the summer help kid broke the disc changer playing his "white boy wants to be a gangster music." Pissed me off. I don't wanna bring another to work because of the possibility of that shit happening again.
That sucks!
So the summer kid didn't replace the boom box?

Radios suck in general
but we do have one rock radio station and every Sunday there´s a "metal hour" and they play Anthrax quite often. Usually it´s Safe Home, Inside Out or Catharsis.