ok so im going to a wedding (attn: the_preppy)

BigFakeSmile

toe much love!
Nov 16, 2002
Visit site
and like i said on greg's thread, i dont have a lot of spring fashion. i also dont have a lot of, whadayacallit... money. is it ok to wear three different shades of purple together? or is that too wiccan? the top is kinda slutty but the skirt is long, so its tasteful. i have to try to look somewhat cute since my cousins who are way older than me are still way hotter than me. anyway, the purple things look good together, i just dont want to be too goddess-lovin ya know? id ask my mom for her opinion but she wears those crazy holiday sweaters and thinks im beautiful. no help there. :(

gg06.jpg

okay, here's my assessment:
first of all, wear jewelry. especially if the shirt is short sleeve or sleeveless. wear a bracelet. it'll take care of the singular color factor.

it's okay to wear three shades of any color together. IF you follow certain guidelines. if the skirt/shirt is too 'flowy' or has too many patterns or tricky things (like a weird neckline, a fucked up hem etc) then no. it'll look wiccan or tripped out mall girl-gone-hippie-ish. if it's plain material and fits you (it isn't baggy or so tight you look like a sausage) then yea, it's okay.
the really important thing would be the shoes. i mean, you can't wear shiny shoes. and they can't be really big and clunky. it would just make it look mall-rattish. i'd say go for sandals. either light/dark brown or very basic black ones.

that is all for now.

whoa... im totally wearing appropriate jewelry, a tastefully boring skirt and my brown sandles. you wouldnt know to see my on an average day (say at a metalfest with tard roommate's ubermullet and my we like tha moon shirt) but i secretly know what im doing too.

okay well it sounds like you'll look good. cool.

p.s. i just got my dad a 'we like the moon' shirt for father's day.