ok so tiamat suck now but!

Erik

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2001
southernmost voyage
TIAMAT: 'The Church Of Tiamat' DVD Details Revealed - Feb. 21, 2006

Sweden's TIAMAT will be releasing the "The Church of Tiamat" DVD on April 24. The complete track listing for the set is as follows:

Live In Krakow, Poland - January 2005 (mixed in stereo and 5.1 surround):

01. Vote For Love
02. Children Of The Underworld
03. Cain
04. Brighter Than The Sun
05. To Have And Have Not
06. Whatever That Hurts <-- cool
07. I Am In Love With Myself
08. In A Dream <-- cool
09. Wings Of Heaven
10. Cold Seed <-- cool
11. Clovenhoof
12. As Long As You Are Mine
13. Love Is As Good As Soma
14. The Sleeping Beauty <-- cool
15. Gaia <-- cool

Bonus Section:

01. Where The Serpents Ever Dwell (home video from the first TIAMAT show ever)
:kickass: :kickass: :kickass:
02. Undressed (home video from the "Wildhoney" tour in 1995)
03. Whatever That Hurts (video clip)
04. Gaia (videoclip)
05. The Ar (home video from the "Wildhoney" tour in 1995)
06. Do You Dream Of Me? (animation clip)
07. Cold Seed (videoclip)
08. Alteration X 10 (making of "A Deeper Kind Of Slumber" studio session)
09. Phantasma De Luxe (home video from the "Judas Christ" tour 2002)
10. Brighter Than The Sun (video clip)
11. Vote For Love (video clip)
12. Angel Holograms (home video from the "Judas Christ" tour 2002)
13. Cain (video clip)

Plus interview with Anders Iwers (bass) and Johan Edlund (guitar, vocals), commentary to the songs in the bonus section, photo gallery and wallpapers.

In other news, TIAMAT bassist Anders Iwers's everyday working life will be the focus of the Swedish TV show "Rundgång" (Feedback) airing this Wednesday, February beginning at 10:30 p.m. The show will be available on the Internet beginning on Thursday, February 23 at www.svt.se/rundgang (click on "se avsnitt 5").

Also on the TIAMAT front, the band have been confirmed to headline the Hard Rock Laager festival, set to take place June 30 – July 1 in Estonia.
plz dont tell me i'll have to buy this to get one bootleg-quality video clip from 1990 :(

mayhaps

i also want these though:

02. Undressed (home video from the "Wildhoney" tour in 1995)
03. Whatever That Hurts (video clip)
04. Gaia (videoclip)
05. The Ar (home video from the "Wildhoney" tour in 1995)
06. Do You Dream Of Me? (animation clip)
07. Cold Seed (videoclip)
08. Alteration X 10 (making of "A Deeper Kind Of Slumber" studio session)
09. Phantasma De Luxe (home video from the "Judas Christ" tour 2002)

"Wildhoney" and "A Deeper Kind of Slumber" are two must-owns of the legendary kind. While the older stuff is good, I never really jumped into it, and their evolution after "A Deeper..." is just scary.

the last one was still pretty bad but it was a big step up from Judas Christ, I'm open to the possibility of this dvd being fairly decent.

Chromatose said:
the last one was still pretty bad but it was a big step up from Judas Christ, I'm open to the possibility of this dvd being fairly decent.
yeah "cain" was a decent song but imo they're not being honest anymore. the magic they used to have is gone.

I've been listening to a shit load of Sumerian Cry as of late. This is what I call relevant music. Where should I go from here if I want to continue dipping my hand in this Wildhoney? ADKoS?

Wait, are you tellin' me you've never heard TIAMAT??? :yow:

Might as well keep going chronologically. The Astral Sleep --> Clouds --> Wildhoney --> A Deeper Kind Of Slumber. Those are generally considered to be their "big four," with Wildhoney being the best (IMO). By the time you get to ADKOS, they're doing some kind of doped out, semi-electronic, trip hop kind of thing, but still pretty metal (and gaymazing).

Whatever you do, DO NOT go any further than that.

DO NOT.

I've been listening to a shit load of Sumerian Cry as of late. This is what I call relevant music. Where should I go from here if I want to continue dipping my hand in this Wildhoney? ADKoS?

what the shit

okay here's a youtube extravaganza, i'm the tiamat expert of the world

BOOM

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, are you tellin' me you've never heard TIAMAT??? :yow:

Might as well keep going chronologically. The Astral Sleep --> Clouds --> Wildhoney --> A Deeper Kind Of Slumber. Those are generally considered to be their "big four," with Wildhoney being the best (IMO). By the time you get to ADKOS, they're doing some kind of doped out, semi-electronic, trip hop kind of thing, but still pretty metal (and gaymazing).

Whatever you do, DO NOT go any further than that.

DO NOT.

Currently listening to Wildhoney (did so the other day as well), this is decent, but reeks too much of Gothic flare. All those tracks from The Astral Sleep tore at my innards, as did Clouds (but to a lesser degree). Also, this Gaia Ep is really really Gayia. I think my journey will end at Wildhoney. I'm holding off my haul until I have time to drive out to Amoeba, want to pick up all the goodies on the cheap.

gaia is mostly a cash-in ep, there's not a lot of interesting material on it

i've listened to tiamat SO, SO much and here is my authoritative ranking:

1. a deeper kind of slumber
2. clouds/the astral sleep (can't pick)
3. wildhoney
4. sumerian cry

wildhoney is a little overrated, still great but there are only like 5 real actual great songs on it. adkos is by no means metal but one of the most amazing albums i've ever had the pleasure of hearing. there's one pretty bad song on it ("the desolate one") and the rest is just a musical journey without equal on earth

on another note:

03/06/1993 is the only date i would ever have wanted to be in israel

Last edited by a moderator: