ok thats it! i need you help!

ok, i actually brought another cable. i think its higher quality, cordial with neutrik tips. anyway, i can barely hear any different between the cables to be honest.

@JakeAC5253

i can actually understand what you are saying, ola's playthrough sounds almost like it was recorded with a room mic, even though you can see the 57 on the grill, it has that wide sound. but how can room position affewct on close micing, since we get only whats coming out from the amp.

about kneeling down and listening to the amp - i have 2 questions. 1st off, how can you stand in front of a kranked amp and listen :)? second, i posted a while ago my thoughts that Cabs sound way better when you are not dead on in front of them, and seemed that everyone agreed. so will it be clever tyo listen from there?

thanks a loit!

The dust cap is the small circle in the center of your speaker, behind which the voice coil is located. Point your mic at the edge somewhere close, but you really have to push some air to get that tone. I always find that tones up against the grill get too brittle and don't breathe.

sounds like you were closest in the beginning. try turning down the treble some and turning up bass and mids. turn the gain down a little and are you using a screamer pedal? my fav mic position is no angle at around 15-40 percent on the dustcap about a half inch off the grill cloth(or metal in your case) you should also listen to each speaker one by one to see which one you like the best. do it with a mic or get next next to them if its not going to kill your ears. and also olas probably has some small amount of compression on even the raw track

since your close micing you need to get next to it to listen. as long as cranking the amp wont kill your ears its fine. use ear plugs if you need to