Okay, Metal! Ezx is not that bad..

Deadstar

Apr 19, 2004
London, UK
www.facebook.com
Here's a first attempt with Metal!!! ezx. I really like the good selection of kicks/snares/tom but i have to say that those hihats and the rides are pure shit.
I've just used the default kit here with a little bit of tweaking.
I also took the chance to reamp with my kemper some di's I've found some time ago here in the forum. The new firmware finally solves some crap that happened when reamping via spdif.

High quality
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/367906/New%20Tracks/Walk%20as%20Chaos%20-%20ImpasseV2.mp3

Last edited by a moderator:
It' quite usable. So far i love everything except for the hihat and ride.. they're really ugly

I'm really angry about how much I wasted on Foundry, Metalheads, and don't use anything on Metal! that wasn't remixed/sampling by Lewis/Suecof, the brass is awful. The 3rd kit is awful.

Wish Toontrack would stop working with that same guy, Foundry, his hand in Metal! and Metalheads ezx are awful and pail in comparison to Machine and Lewis/Suecof elements of Metal!.

I'm really angry about how much I wasted on Foundry, Metalheads, and don't use anything on Metal! that wasn't remixed/sampling by Lewis/Suecof, the brass is awful. The 3rd kit is awful.

Wish Toontrack would stop working with that same guy, Foundry, his hand in Metal! and Metalheads ezx are awful and pail in comparison to Machine and Lewis/Suecof elements of Metal!.

what?

Are you saying Metal Machine and Metal! (Lewis/Suecof kits) are good, everything else is shite?

what?

Are you saying Metal Machine and Metal! (Lewis/Suecof kits) are good, everything else is shite?

Yes, imo Toontrack's main customer base is people wanting metal drums, Metal Machine is possibly the best thing Toontrack have ever done, Superior is really really awesome all round, and a bunch of the stuff that Lewis-Suecof seem to be in charge of for Metal! is good.

The 'other' metal stuff from Toontrack, Metal Foundry, Metalheads ... are really poor, especially Foundry, the quality of the samples is terrible and sounds bedroom recorded, a bunch of the toms sound out of tune and generally all the skins not vibrating properly, considering the cost and that its an SDX, its really quite shameful considering Sneaps kit at the time was about 1/4 of the price and 400% more usable.

Metalheads also came out around the same time as Machine and pails in comparison, again brought to us by the same guy that did Foundry.

I've wasted a lot of money on Toontrack working with the same damn guy giving us a poor product.

I think the general concensus on here as well is that Foundry and Metalheads are weird with some funky stuff going on and that Metal Machine/Superior absolutely kick ass.