Old folks' music that you love

When I was a young lad growing up, my dad would take me on adventures to the woods and stuff, and he would always play the oldies station on the radio. I didn't care for the stuff at the time, but now I hear songs like Ain't No Sunshine, Wild World by Cat Stevens, House of the Rising Sun, Bad Moon Rising and the like and it takes me right back to those days. Now when I go out on my own adventures, I think about oldies and crave to hear them. I really need to get some of that classic stuff on my mp3 player now because these days I dig the hell out of it. Good memories of simpler times.

Dig the guitar on that Marty Robbins tune but for some reason I'm reminded of this,

CCR, Cat Stevens, The Dubliners, Christy Moore, to name a few..

Last edited by a moderator:
Well then Pink Floyd should count. It took me a long time to appreciate them but I finally did.

Big Harry Chapin fan, dude wrote some great tunes. My buddies dad actually worked with Harry on some of his classics.
I dig The Beatles, Bowie, Queen, Boston and a lot of other stuff.
My parents listened to a lot of Neil Diamond, olivia newton john and Barbara Striesand, which rubbed off. LOL
Also 50's and 60's tunes when I used to attend the car shows with my dad.

All good stuff! Don't like Queen, but yes, they count!
Well, not to presume, but that might be because you've only been exposed to the Greatest Hits. I find most Queen songs to actually be better than their commercial successes. Queen's just more than Bohemian Rhapsody and Bicycle Race, you know? Tracks like these are just god damn amazing:

"we will rock you" is probably the worst queen song
I don't know, the Flash Gordon song is pretty shit-tier.
Oh they have more songs that are absolute shyte. I'm not disputing that they made some horrible songs in their lives, but they also made some damn awesome ones. Like this: