Old forums go boom?

It was, pity people didn't stick around that one as well... I posted there only days ago, I guess it was deleted shortly after. Bianca said it would stay as long as people would stay interested, but I guess it wasn't much anymore. I liked having both, two totally different type of places. The old forum belonged to Jesse (the old webmaster) and Bianca, and while thinking about a new forum, IE decided to go with a bigger audience here on UM. So let's stop competing or whining and just have fun HERE now! :headbang:

Marlies said:
It was, pity people didn't stick around that one as well... I posted there only days ago, I guess it was deleted shortly after. Bianca said it would stay as long as people would stay interested, but I guess it wasn't much anymore. I liked having both, two totally different type of places. The old forum belonged to Jesse (the old webmaster) and Bianca, and while thinking about a new forum, IE decided to go with a bigger audience here on UM. So let's stop competing or whining and just have fun HERE now! :headbang:

It is too bad, I enjoyed it as well - it loaded alot quicker than UM does and was a little easier to navigate through, too. But I think having exposure to a bigger audience/member base as how UM can offer makes up for it. IE still has a Yahoo! Group that I've operated for the band since December 2001, for anyone who uses Yahoo! or is familiar with how Y! Groups work (quite similiar to a messageboard/forum except that messages are typically sent via email) they are more than welcome to join. I ran into a major problem a few months ago though in that someone (or something) hacked into my Yahoo user ID and changed my password and personal details... and b/c of that I cannot reset it and has ultimately left me with no way to manage the Group. I'm in the process of rebuilding it (see link below) but I'm still fine tuning some things and with some of my other Groups as well. Like I said, anyone is more than welcome to join. Marlies will actually be helping me moderate it as she did once upon a time in the original Group. :D

Mark,
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Into_Eternity/