Old Or New Line Up

• I Prefer The Old Line Up

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • I Prefer The New Line Up

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • I dont care

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters
I'm not sure. I like both in different ways. I think I'll go with hte old one because I don't like Colony as much as the rest of the albums and Daniel isn't working to his fullest ability.

Old is Lunar Strain, Subterranean, The Jester Race, Black Ash Inheritance, and Whoracle. New is Colony, Clayman, The Tokyo Showdown, and Reroute to Remain.

The old line up could be many things. It was different on Lunar Strain and Subterranean. It only solidified on The Jester Race and Whoracle, then again on Colony-Reroute.

you need a third option.

Hmm I'm gonna have to to say everything from Clayman and before. As far as I am concerned, these two new albums are a new lineup.

There aren't only 2 line-up changes in In Flames' history. There are more: back in Lunar Strain, Carl Naslund and Glenn were on guitars, Jesper on drums, Mikael (Dark Tranquillity) on vocals, Johan on bass. After Lunar Strain, Carl and Mikael left and Jesper switched to guitars, Daniel Erlandsson (Arch Enemy now) joined on drums for Subterannean and Henke Forss on vocals. Henke and Daniel left after Subterannean, therefore Bjorn joined on drums and Anders left Dark Tranquillity to join In Flames on vocals. From The Jester Race to Whoracle the line-up remains steady: Jesper (guitars), Glenn (guitars), Johan (bass), Bjorn (drums), and Anders (vocals). Glenn and Johan decide to leave In Flames after Whoracle, therefore Niklas Engelin joins on guitars but then leaves before recording Colony (just doing a few tours), therefore the band decides to switch Bjorn from drums to guitars and get Peter (Chameleon) on bass and Daniel on drums. So it's a pretty much fucked up line-up.

To sum it up:

Lunar Strain:
Jesper Stromblad - drums
Carl Naslund - guitars
Glenn Ljungström - guitars
Johan Larsson - bass
Mikael Stanne - vocals

Subterannean:
Henke Forss - vocals
Daniel Erlandsson - drums
Jesper Stromblad - guitars
Johan Larsson - bass

The Jester Race/Black-Ash Inheritance/Whoracle:
Anders Friden - vocals
Bjorn Gelotte - drums
Johan Larsson - bass

Whoracle/Colony era:
Anders Friden - vocals
Bjorn Gelotte - drums
Niklas Engelin - guitars
Jesper Stromblad- guitars
Peter Iwers - bass

Colony/Clayman/Reroute to Remain/Soundtrack to Your Escape/Come Clarity:
Anders Friden - vocals
Bjorn Gelotte - guitars
Peter Iwers - bass
Daniel Svensson - drums

After Glen and the old drummer left the band seemed to go down hill so the old line up for me. Daniel Svensson is a very average drummer imo.