Old School Hour

Priest of Evil

Adores the Number 666
Dec 1, 2005
I did a radio Show on Saturday night, on Three D Radio 93.7fm (for those in Adelaide) between the hours of 10-11pm. I will continue to do this every saturday until the station give me a hard time about it. Its not an official show but I'm doing it anyway.

I call it Old School Hour but it might be anything from before mid 90s so Technically I might play death or Black metal too but for now its mainly old metal and thrash.

I'm not doing one this Saturday and other nights I might not play all metal all the time. We'll see how we travel.

First playlist:
Black Sabbath - Evil Woman - Black Sabbath
Angel Witch - Loser - Angel Witch
Saxon - Strong Arm of the Law - Strong Arm of the Law
Judas Priest - Bloodstone - Screaming for Vengeance
Dio - Gypsy - Holy Diver
Motorhead - Poison - bomber
Van Halen - Girl Gone Bad - 1984
Loudness - Ashes in the sky - Lightning Strikes
Uriah Heep - Bad Blood - Equator
Motley Crue - Piece of the Action - Too Fast for Love
Europe Seven Doors Hotel - Seven Doors Hotel
Slayer - Metal Storm/ Face the Slayer - Show No Mercy
Running Wild - Final Gates - Port Royal
Stormwitch - Priest of Evil - Priest of Evil

Oh hell yeh, i normanlly lsiten to the power surge segment on sunday nights, now my saturadys will also be filled with joy...nice goin man!

... taken any requests there? :err:

Great setlist! :headbang:. I wish they let me play music like that on my radio shows. I get stuck with Nana Mouskouri and Bette Midler in between newspaper articles. Oh the pain...

Bloodstone has the best intro that JP have ever done

W

Hey thanks for the feedback, I'll keep posting the setlists if you want but like I said its not really a regular or legit show, so who knows how long it will last. Meantime, its just about me having some fun and playing tunes I love and more particuarly, tracks that reflects my mood.

Sure Dan, I'll take requests, providing I (or the station) has it.

Yeah Wrathy, the Bloodstone intro is awesome, the song itself is generaly written of as a stoner piece but i reckon its tops.

Cedyn/Lance: Gypsy has remained one of my favourite Dio tracks for the past 20 years. VH GGB is a particularly shredding affair - I really like 1984 becuase overall its a very heavy, pronounced album; IMO possibly their heaviest work since the debut s/t.

Nice work! How do you do it unofficially? Are you friends with the usual guy or something?

Goreripper said:
Fuckin' kick arse show man. Should look out trying to go legit though!
haha, look out as in be careful, -yeah, i'm walking a thin line!

I own a 2 hour block (9-11pm) its official name is The Dark Earth, it was something i arranged last year so I could cut my "official" show back to a fortnightly slot but it all fell to pieces within a few weeks. So now the pieces are mine and I feel like playing some Metal.

My "official" show is actually something completely different, it ranges from synthpop to electro and industrial dance stuff. Powersurge is far to established for me to get a legit metal show on Three D (they only want one show of each genre style) but by ways and means I have managed to secure this timeslot and to be perfectly honest I dont think Powersurge really play that much old school stuff - so I have legs to stand on until I drink to much again....

However some good and bad news; I wont be going to air until July 8th but you can catch me spinning classic metal live at Fowlers on July 1st for Raven Black Night and Dead Things! Deathstrike is back on the live circuit, beware...:kickass:

Old School Hour is officially over. I've left the station, they pulled my show because I wasnt committed enough, yeah thanks for the warning guys!

Three D Radio sux, absolutely no loyalty to the volunteers like me who are in the studio at Xmas time etc. What a joke, not to mention we had to pay everytime we went to air, ontop of our membership fees. So much for dedicating my Saturday nights for the last 2 yrs to them...

What knobs. How did they prove you not being committed enough? I suppose they don't need to. Fuckers. Is there another station you can go to?

I was unimpressed to say the least.

Up until the last month I've barely missed a show. I always try to be as proffessional as possible and never miss shows, unlike some of the other presenters at the station.

Saturday nights are tough for me with a young family and I run a club in the city once a month so I've completed many a pre-record which I never had a problem with until the last 6months or so - when one of the decks was in a state of disrepair and I wasnt able to do a pre-record.

The last 2 shows I called in and had them put on the CD changer because I couldnt make it and that is what I've been judged on. Yes, they do have the final say in matters but they should have some respect for their volunteers and at least attempt to communicate with them in a supportive and encouraging manner. Its not like they are paying me a wage! I think its rotten and they've received a pretty long letter to that effect from me.

Nah, I'm not in a hurry to get my show back on air, I'm still a member of the station and able to do so but after the way they treated me I dont see why I should bother.

That's a damn shame, Priest :(. I work my arse off for another Adelaide community station whenever I'm able to, and I'd be pretty damn annoyed if I got treated the way you have.

The loss of your show means there's now no decent metal programmes on local radio. Powersurge has been shit ever since Lewi Young left IMHO. Julie and Derek almost never play anything I would consider "music" and between the two of them they can't even get through a sentence. Listening to their interviews and back announcements is about as pleasant as circumsising yourself with a sharpened chopstick.

W