Old song, now with real drums! YAY.

Behindert

Mar 17, 2007
Örebro, Sweden
www.myspace.com
Hello there people. I'm working on a track as part of my exam for this semester and one of the goals was to record drums at the universitys studio. This is the first time I've recorded drums all by myself (well almost, a class mate was there too and whe helped eachother). There will eventually be vocals on this track :)

Oh well, here's what it sounds like at the moment :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/389199/Glukenschlaben(Lawrence trummor)-3.mp3

Sounds excellent ! Hope you did samples ;) ? The song is badass as well.
Only minor gripe I have with the kick, it`s kinda flat and "flappy" - I`d like a bit more boom.

Thanks for the kind word guys!

Plankis: Haha, don't know if that's a good or bad thing :p Yeah I used some old samples, and some new ;)

DaWolf: Yah we made some samples of the toms and the snare :) I think I get what you mean about the kick, but it's a matter of taste I guess :)

Dandelium: I used quite a lot of samples.. the snare is his own snare blended with 3 other snares hehe. The kick is a blend of his snare and 2 other samples.
And the toms were 100% replaced since his own were a bit high in tune..

iamandy: Oh well hmm.. I could make some screen shots since I can't remember everything right now :) But there's a shit load of compression going on. I had the most trouble with the overheads, but I think they turned out listenable now :)

The guitars on this version is a 5150 with one of GuitarHacks impulses.

Erkan: Tack som fan! Hur går det för dig med ditt projekt? Jag kommer troligtvis ha tid att lägga lite grejer nu de närmsta dagarna :) There was pretty much editing going on, but nothing was really THAT bad, I just wanted everything really tight :)

Here's a video of the drummer playing this song. The youtube-sound is atrocious but whatever.. I'm the moron who's responsible for the sub par filming haha :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxZ7QwX_lk4

Awesome stuff dude! Love the drums, wouldn't mind hearing the drums only stem ;) Loving that snare, sounds very Slateish, however you don't use his samples do you?

iamandy: Oh well hmm.. I could make some screen shots since I can't remember everything right now :) But there's a shit load of compression going on. I had the most trouble with the overheads, but I think they turned out listenable now :)

that'll be awesomesauce. they sound huge!