Oldies But Goodies

Overdrive-Swords And Axes is a 80s metal classic for me. Great stuff.

Accept-Eat The Heat is not that great, but Hellhammer is a fine song.

The first 2 Battlezone albums are very good stuff as well. Back then, Di'Anno had a fine voice. His finest hour (apart from Maiden) remains Killers-Murder One in 1992 IMO. Great traditional HM. After that, it went downhill for him, releasing bad stuff and only living on the his old Maiden albums.

(the sound of the YouTube clips suck, the actual album sounds great)

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh.. those are my two favorites as well. I saw them on the Thunder Seven and Sport of Kings tours.. those were classics - a lot better than the "A Night of Triumph" DVD that was filmed in Halifax would make you think.

I was disappointed that they didnt do a full tour for Surveillance before everything fell apart. I loved that album.

Nice to see the Triumph love. I also saw them in 1985 with Helix & 1987 with Brighton Rock. Talked with both Rik Emmett & Brian Vollner about the '85 show
(buses were turned over that night - insanity!).

I was just listening to Allied Forces on my way to work!! Going back home time for the underrated Edge of Excess!!!

Or how about a very young Bruce Dickinson singing with Samson:

Or this classic Anvil title track from Forged in Fire.

One of my favorite Triiumph albums was Progression of Power: Fave Track: I Live For The Weekend!

Last edited by a moderator:
All the Triumph love is awesome. Insanely jealous of you folks who got to see them live - ESPECIALLY on Thunder Seven tour.
Surveillance is a fav of mine as well - first album of theirs I got on CD when it came out. (actually I bought it on cassette AND CD)

Pretty much any Rik song on that album is gold.

Thank you for posting that TDD. Top ten band all time for me. My band did a couple of Triumph covers when nobody else was. Really brings it back, good call, dude.

The heyday of hard rock and power metal in terms of mass commercial appeal. Anyone who was someone was playing arena and stadium shows in the day. And sadly, those days are gone forever.

When rap came on the scene some 25 years ago and helped to push metal off the airwaves (along with grunge), I thought it was just a fad that would burn out in a few years. But it's as strong as ever today, even though they prefer to call it hip-hop instead.

History is far overdue to repeat itself in the music industry.

When rap came on the scene some 25 years ago and helped to push metal off the airwaves (along with grunge), I thought it was just a fad that would burn out in a few years. But it's as strong as ever today, even though they prefer to call it hip-hop instead.

Did you just say rap and hip hop are the same thing?

The heyday of hard rock and power metal in terms of mass commercial appeal. Anyone who was someone was playing arena and stadium shows in the day. And sadly, those days are gone forever.

History is far overdue to repeat itself in the music industry.

I for one cannot wait for the days where tickets to see my favorite band are $70, beers are $12, parking is $20, tshirts are $35, and I'm stuck a mile away! Bring on the arena rock! Rap is crap, Metal till death!

What is this, the Triumph worship thread? These days my favorite Triumph song would probably be "The Blinding Light Show/Moonchild".