oldschool thrash.... Metal Church (Mike Howe era)

JonnyD said:
Hell yeah it does dude I just fukin love it Fukin "Badlands" "Anthem of the estranged" "Fake Healer" Just to Name a few Great Record From A great Band!!!!!

That's great. Those are three of my faves as well, but it's hard to pick faves on that disc. I never did much track skipping on that one. I like all their stuff except Masterpiece. I's too bad power/thrash just fizzled out in America in the early 90's. MC could have had some more music left in them. At least they did get to open the "Monsters of Rock" one year. I never caught them live and I will always regret that.

Bryant

Bryant said:
JonnyD said:
Hell yeah it does dude I just fukin love it Fukin "Badlands" "Anthem of the estranged" "Fake Healer" Just to Name a few Great Record From A great Band!!!!!

That's great. Those are three of my faves as well, but it's hard to pick faves on that disc. I never did much track skipping on that one. I like all their stuff except Masterpiece. I's too bad power/thrash just fizzled out in America in the early 90's. MC could have had some more music left in them. At least they did get to open the "Monsters of Rock" one year. I never caught them live and I will always regret that.

Bryant

Very true Bro. I can listen to that one ALL the way through I like all there stuff as well And that includes Masterpeace I love "into dust" off that record Dude If I have anythig to do with it Power/Thrash will make its return Cause you have me and many other Hungry Dudes ready to pounce it may take a short while it may take a long while TRUE METAL will return
Fuck I'm starting to sound like Joey Dimaio anyways I Would have LOVED to have seen Metal Church they truely are one of my all time favorites

Fuck I'm starting to sound like Joey Dimaio anyways I Would have LOVED to have seen Metal Church they truely are one of my all time favorites[/QUOTE]

Hell I'm the one who started the thread, but now I'm pumped up over Metal Church. They are in my player right now. "The Final Word" rips. They had a lot of balls as they often tackled social, political and spiritual issues and were clear in their stances, especially on child abuse/neglect which received several songs on that sunject.
Any band that can rewrite a Poe story in one song and sing about what it feels like to be homeless in another gets my vote. Vanderhoof never used a lot of the more obscure words in his lyrics or anything as he was pretty blue-collar in his approach, but his lyrics normally said something.

Bryant

IOfTheStorm said:
i would not classify metal church as "thrash metal" , but as pure u.s. power metal .
Blessing In Disguise has some thrash metal elements.
the first 3 Metal Church albums are masterpieces, my favourite is the first one.
too bad all the others are so so so mediocre

I couldn't have said it better. I prefer the David Wayne era better.
Thrash?!:p

Bryant said:
Fuck I'm starting to sound like Joey Dimaio anyways I Would have LOVED to have seen Metal Church they truely are one of my all time favorites

Hell I'm the one who started the thread, but now I'm pumped up over Metal Church. They are in my player right now. "The Final Word" rips. They had a lot of balls as they often tackled social, political and spiritual issues and were clear in their stances, especially on child abuse/neglect which received several songs on that sunject.
Any band that can rewrite a Poe story in one song and sing about what it feels like to be homeless in another gets my vote. Vanderhoof never used a lot of the more obscure words in his lyrics or anything as he was pretty blue-collar in his approach, but his lyrics normally said something.

Bryant[/QUOTE]
Absolutly Dude "Watch the Children Play" "Bad Lands" " Anthem of the Estranged" Dammit There was some great ones of the "Human Factor"Record I just cant remember what their called but yes Metal Church Has to be one of the most important Thrash/Power Metal bands ever They wrote about REAL life not just Dungeons And Dragons type themes.....They are a great source of inspiration for me and are always a great listen When I'm feeling Down Anyways METAL CHURCH RULES