omgwaffles.

Gadlor

Herald of Homoerotic Fury
Aug 10, 2002
Aruba
I just thought I'd share this with you fellows. I'm going to a track meet this weekend (tomorrow, in fact, at 7:00am..waaaay too early) and it's a pretty big one. And the college I go to is not so large, so we don't have a whole crapload of runners/etc.

I'm our second-ish best dude at the mile and similar distances. Our coach entered me in the 1500m (a little shorter than a mile) for tomorrow. They enter a time you're probably going to run when they enter you so they know the general placement of the runners.

43 Phil Mainwaring Stevens Inst. 4:22.09

Yessir. I am freaking 43rd place. Somebody hold me.

And omgwaffles like me, apparently. I ended up finishing 10 places ahead of where they placed me - 33rd. and it was a pretty awesome meet, even though my pasty white flesh suffered some burnination while I was there. :headbang:

Everyone went slower. That's more or less typical. A lot of coaches seed their runners unrealistically - there were around half a dozen fellows seeded at 3:55, but noone cracked 4:03.

I was seeded at a time I had hit the last week, so mine wasn't quite so radical a goal.

You don't sound too happy :Smug:

I think you are LYING!!!

ps. i had another race. 16:52 5k.

Has anyone ever run, or do any other physical exercise, where your blood is needed somewhere else so much that it actually leaves your face? My cheeks do this weird thing where they feel completely numb and I am uber-pale after finishing a hard race.