Omnium Gatherum/Fractal Gates

GreenMachine

aka "Dick Draggin"
Jan 2, 2013
GA
I’m trying to find bands that have a progressive/power sound with harsh vocals . Omnium Gatherum songs like The Pit, Frontiers, Foundation and especially New Dynamic. Fractal Gates songs like Everblaze and Mighty Wings. There’s something about the contrast between the warm textures and the harsh vocals I love. Dream Theatre with death metal vocals would fit the bill as well. I don’t mind if there’s clean vocals as well as long as they’re good.

Even though not death metal, Neurotech’s album The Decipher Volumes accomplishes this as well.

Tried helpig oit, but my playlists lack the kind of bands you mention. The closest thing i can mention is Ne Obliviscaris. Might not hit the nail on the head, but its damn good.

mostly instrumental but the vocals on it are good and it's just a superb prog/heavy album featuring prog legend bill bruford, steve hackett and all of cynic.
it is sean malones baby

Thanks guys. Not quite what I was looking for, but I still appreciate it and might listen to those anyway!

Reactions: isberg
You got scar symmetry. Might be closer than my last tip, but got more clean vocals than harsh.