Omnium Gatherum new album and video

Dusty Bones

New Metal Member
Sep 24, 2010
OMNIUM GATHERUM will release the fifth album “New World Shadows” via Lifeforce Records on the following dates:

Finland, Sweden, Hungary: February 9, 2011
Germany, Austria, Switzerland: February 4, 2011
Rest Of Europe: February 7, 2011
North America: March 1, 2011

Official video for the song "Soul Journeys":

Hailing from Finland, OMNIUM GATHERUM is a band playing fierce death metal with breathtaking melodies, progressive originality and a discreet sense for superior folk brought together in an over-all dark mood. It’s all about intensity and a morbid atmosphere. This is what makes NEW WORLD SHADOWS, bands fifth album (first for LIFEFORCE RECORDS), so unique and impressing. OMNIUM GATHERUM are offering songs for people looking for something different that still is catchy. The moods and emotions swirling in the midst of the cauldron are the result of a challenging dramaturgy based on thinking outside the box
and reflected creativity beyond learnt structures.

Formed in 1996, OMNIUM GATHERUM have released four albums and one EP for well established labels such as Nuclear Blast, Candlelight and Rage Of Achilles. With their previous two albums – Stuck Here on Snake’s Way (2007) and The Redshift (2008) – the Fins even have entered the official Finnish top-30 album charts, followed by extensive touring all across Europe alongside Dark Tranquillity, Swallow The Sun, Entombed and Insomnium. On their fifth album OMNIUM GATHERUM are following their identifiable path being melodic but brutal with contrasts ranging from sorrow to joy and from hope to despair. NEW WORLD SHADOWS is an epic and massive attack of the ever flowing stream of Finnish melodic death metal played straight from the souls of the black!

“New World Shadows” track listing:
01. Everfields (9:17)
02. Ego (4:07)
03. New World Shadows (6:00)
04. Soul Journeys (4:54)
05. Nova Flame (4:10)
06. An Infinite Mind (5:43)
07. Watcher Of The Skies (4:17)
08. The Distance (3:59)
09. Deep Cold (9:29)

The CD was recorded at Astia Studio 2 in Lappeenranta & OmG Studio in Karhula, Finland with Teemu Aalto, and was mixed and mastered at Unisound Studio in Örebro, Sweden by Dan Swanö (EDGE OF SANITY, OPETH, KATATONIA, DISSECTION, HAIL OF BULLETS, BLOODBATH etc.). The new album includes also some guest features from Dan Swanö (Nightingale/Star One/ex-Edge Of Sanity/ex-Bloodbath etc.) singing clean vox & Niilo Sevänen (Insomnium) growling few screams.

You can preorder the "New World Shadows" album via Levykauppax
mailorder, who is selling exclusive preorder cd+t-shirt bundle,
http://www.recordshopx.com/artist/omnium_gatherum/new_world_shadow/

You can also preorder NWS CD + wristband/beanie from the official
Omnium Gatherum Fanzone Webshop:
http://www.fanzone.fi/omnium_gatherum/

OG sites:
www.omniumgatherum.org
www.facebook.com/omniumgatherumband
www.myspace.com/omniumgatherum

Last edited by a moderator:
Still love this band. The singer(last 3 albums) was in the band Elenium before O.G. People should check them out too.

Cool. Hopefully this record is at least as good as The Redshift. I doubt they will ever reach the heights of their debut but I do still enjoy their 80s pop influenced melodeath.

Last album was fucking ace, good to see that I wasn't the only one enjoying it! Looking highly forward to this one. These guys knows how to put on some incredible melodic stuff.

Highly underrated band.

So, has this leaked yet? Reviews have been going up recently so I figure it's only a matter of time.

Good band though, racist, but good

Racist? Since when? This must be a troll but here goes anyway...

Nobody in the band has racist opinions or attitudes. Personally I'm STRONGLY AGAINST racism, fascism, inequality, segregation and all kinds of discrimination in general, you name it. That's why I really don't like reading stuff like this about our band. Check the facts before spreading your bullshit.

A bit more on-topic: New stuff coming soon online, stay tuned!

Toni Mäki/Omnium Gatherum

New video and song!

I really like the clean vocals (done by Dan Swano), it adds another dimension of expression to OmG's already impressive palette.

I know. The Finns are keeping melodeath alive almost single-handedly.

I hope they tour North America in support of this album.

I'm pumped that's for sure. I saw them at Dark River Festival in August for the first time and it was a pretty stellar performance. Found out they'll be coming round my neck of the woods in March and I instantly popped on Spirits and August Light. Perfect album. Absolute beauty.

This new album is shaping up to be pretty damn good too. Can't wait for it to come out. Will eat up all the merch they have at the gig to show my support.