On The Road Tour PT2 Illuminatus & Invey

Audience – pretty full venue. Sadly mostly baggy jeaned ugly nu metal fans with a few much prettier old schoolers thrown in.

Running With Scissors: Avoid. Not my thing. Typical Nu Metal Shite.

Invey: Good. Didn’t know what to expect after missing them at Bloodstock nd hearing mixed reviews. Very hard to define and not my preferred taste, however there’s no doubting their talent. Some nice guitar work and catchy choruses. Only critism is that I think they’d benefit from a second guitarist. But on the whole, Well done!

Illuminatus: Very Good. I was expecting big things from then and I wasn’t disappointed. Strong and Tight. Sound hard to define. Maybe like a mixture of Load era Metallica & Modern Queensryche. Deffo had a nice proggy edge. Much heavier than I had been lead to believe. Good Work!

If anyone gets the chance to see either Illuminatus or Invey then I suggest you do so.

Am thinking of going to the Ruskin gig, and will probably make some of the Underworld ones. I didn't like Invey at BS'03, but Illuminatus were good enough for me to want to see them again. I'm kind of indifferent about Biomechanical, didn't like FWK when supprting Blaze, but will probably go a long to catch Infobia. I'll also be very surprised if I don't make it to PQ, Intense and MR.

Saw them at Rugby.
They both rocked Invey's line up had changed somewhat since we saw them at Leicester but they were still excellent (good new drummer) and starting to sound quite tight.
Illuminatus were also superb pity the audience was so poor for them looking forward to seeing them again at Bloodstock this year (on the main stage).