On the threshold of this new matrix movie- what is everyone expecting?

speed

Nov 19, 2001
Visit site
Ive noticed alot of guys are talking up the new matrix movie. I rather disliked the last one, but I was wondering what everyone on this board thought- and why they care after the last movie was so byzantine - and had really no point? Also, one can read the summary of the new movie at aintitcoolnews.com- it doesnt look too promising story wise.

These are just my opinions- maybe ill change my mind after i see the new one- so.

storywise it is pure crap. It's like a high-tech advanced fantasy Jackie Chan movie. The first two were fuckin great in my opinion, but the third looks just like all out robotic/fantasy war. I will still see it, but no guarantee it will have anything for me

an over rated movie with a stupid plot, trumped up special affects, and bad acting. but it wont make a lick of difference cuz i wont be there seeing it. *saves my pennies for LOTR ROTK*
~gR~

Oh well, so there's no interesting twist or intelligent conclusion, just literal all out war and peace. How. Fucknig. Boring.

(I desperately wanted that dude's awesome Matrix theory to be true, y'know, the one that suggested all the humans were in fact the ROBOTS trapped in a HUMAN matrix)

Oh well, the fighting should still be very entertaining, i'm seeing it tonight and i'll still look forward to it.

I am hoping this one will be better then the second. In my opinion, they shouldn't have made sequels, i think they saw a opportunity to make alot of money and went for it.

It was written as a trilogy so sequels were inevitable. I have high expectations for it but I'm keeping them in cheque until I see it in a couple of days. The movie that I KNOW will deliver this year is, as genocide roach said, The Return Of The King.

I just returned from the cinema. It was surprisingly good. Some very very good battle scenes indeed. I won't spoil the story, so I won't go into details.. Just go and watch the film.

I couldn't watch the second one all the way through, the fight scenes were way too long & drawn out & bored me to death..ok ok, nice special effects, on with the story now, jeez. Anyway..I don't figure I'll bother with this new one til I can at least stomach the the last one all the way through..wish me luck.