On Thorns I Lay (The Group)

Pierced Spirit

New Metal Member
Sep 1, 2001
San Antonio, Tx
Visit site
Anyone heard of this group? Ive heard one song called Atlanits I and its great! Theyre like the Sins Of Thy Beloved only heavier and more straight forward heavy metal. Ive been thinking of getting a CD but I wanted to read up on them a little bit but they got no official web site. Also they have a guy and a girl singing and the girl on the song Ive heard is great, but years go by and members leave. I wanted to see the vocalsit name and see what releases whe was on and the line-up, etc. I just want some info on them and / or some more MP3s (I cant find shit on LimeWire)

Does anyone else like this group? Can anyone help out? Thanks

On Thorns I Lay is a band from Greece,but i think their members are students in Romania...Indeed,they ahve changed many members,they have (or maybe used to have??) some members from Romania for some time...
They have released 4 albums if i am not mistaken....
I have their first 2.."Sounds of Beautiful Experience" and "Orama",where the Atlantis song comes from.
"Sounds i wouldn;t recommend...It is quite mediocre especially if you compare it with the very good "orama"....As for the other releases i have no idea,I've heard that they've changed their sound a lot.
Georgia Grammaticos is the name of the female vocalist on Orama,but it's highly unlikely that she sings in any other OTIL release.

More info i can't give,sorry...
btw,hmmm back in the "orama" era they had a bit of a too proud attitude... :err:

Cool! Thanks for the info. I want that Orama CD but in the US its only availiable as an import for like $30. Thats a little steep for a CD with only 1 song I know. I would love to have tha talbum though. What do you mean theyre too proud though? nd have you heard how theyve changed their sound? Not to drastically I hope.

i am not sure if they ahve changed their sound...

as for the "proud" hmmm in many interviews i had read back then they mentioned that they feel the audience and metal press has ignored them unlike other greek bands and that they deserve more blah blah..well who do they think they are???
Greek bands like Septic Flesh are highly respected because they have offred a lot to the metal scene...
but when i listen to a band complaining and thinking tooo high of themselves after releaseing just 1 good album (the 1st was mediocre as i said),I can't help but feeling annoyed...

I heard something about e Greek Politician saying that Rotting Christ were gay...I always wandered about who the fuck could say something like that! Anyway, many Greek bands rule, I saw Nightfall live once and Karadimas is the most humble and great man I've ever met. Athenian Echoes is a fucking MUST for everyone. The new On Thorns I Lay stuff sux...and I always thought they were Romanian...weird...