Once Upon a Nightwish: reviews and discussion

I meant that since Nightwish made everything public they kinda bringed that on themselves

Well yeah, there is a risk to that. Then again, I remember how the Nightwish rumor mill was *before* Tarja was kicked out, so I think in some ways if they had not done it the way they did, things would have been a lot crazier and we'd still be trying to wade through rumor and truth to this day.

Taimi: I'm going to delete your double-post.

As for Tuomas being in love with Tarja: I really don't buy it. Furthermore, I believe that Marcelo "loves" and "manages" Tarja in the physical sense......you know, a slap here, a punch there, to keep her in line. As a "country girl", she may be to meek to fight back. If you don't think Tarja is a battered spouse, I have a bridge to sell you.

I will go this far: I truly believe all went south because Tuomas caught Marcelo using Tarja as a slapping board, and Tarja begged Tuomas not to say anything. Hence, that "meeting" in the hotel room.

I have wondered if Tuomas was in love with her as well. The firing letter really is one of regret, while "Master Passion Greed" is full of venom.

But why in the world would it go south because Tuomas discovered Marcelo was abusive to Tarja? If anything, I would think that might make him grow a pair and throw Cabuli off the hotel balcony.

It also doesn't explain the Toronto blow-up and Tarja's comment, which is what basically got her fired. That WAS the last straw for Tuomas when she threatened to quit with one day's notice.

Well yeah, there is a risk to that. Then again, I remember how the Nightwish rumor mill was *before* Tarja was kicked out, so I think in some ways if they had not done it the way they did, things would have been a lot crazier and we'd still be trying to wade through rumor and truth to this day.

Taimi: I'm going to delete your double-post.

Don't forget, the Tarja departure rumors first started because that no-class twat in Singery put out a statement trashing Marco and exposing a whole bunch of things about Nightwish in the process, like their use of recordings and Tarja possibly leaving.

Kim Goss has my total contempt because she did it again later. She hired an American girl to replace Marco, from an Iron Maiden cover band called The Iron Maidens. Melanie was dragged across the globe for one gig and fired, with Goss putting out a statement saying, in essence, she couldn't play, which is ludicrous. Mel sent in demo tapes, she worked in a Maiden cover band. You better have your shit together to play Steve Harris's parts. The belief was Laiho wanted to hire a friend, so they crapped on this new bassist from around the world.

Goss has no class. None.

I have wondered if Tuomas was in love with her as well. The firing letter really is one of regret, while "Master Passion Greed" is full of venom.

But why in the world would it go south because Tuomas discovered Marcelo was abusive to Tarja? If anything, I would think that might make him grow a pair and throw Cabuli off the hotel balcony.

It also doesn't explain the Toronto blow-up and Tarja's comment, which is what basically got her fired. That WAS the last straw for Tuomas when she threatened to quit with one day's notice.

I read also a hint of jealousy in Master Passion Greed lyrics.

That discussion on that plane was only something said when she was angry. Tarja told them she would have left the band after the next album was released.

What Kimberly said was true, at that time Tarja wanted to leave the band

Yeah, I remember Kimberly's statements and it is probably why I never bothered to check out Sinergy, because I also felt the way she went about that was rather low-class and could have been handled differently.

But really, the Tarja leaving Nightwish rumors started way before that. I think people have been asking that since she joined the band. Put it this way, I've been a Nightwish fan since the summer of '01 and discovered the message board not long afterwards, and it seems that every day there was someone saying that Tarja was leaving or asking if she was going to leave.

Well then she should have done it. Four years of stringing it along? No wonder it all blew up.

Remind me never to send a Finn to negotiate a dispute.

Well then she should have done it. Four years of stringing it along? No wonder it all blew up.

Remind me never to send a Finn to negotiate a dispute.

She wanted to leave just before the release of Century Child.
There were rumours before mainly because she was also focused on her classical studies, so perhaps people thought that she would have left Nightwish to keep studying classical singing. But as a matter of fact Tarja didn't want to leave the band before 2001-2002, then she changed idea . Things were good in 2002-2004 (especially 2004, Tuomas described it as one of the best periods of the band), they went down again at the end of 2004 .
I don't know why people thought like that, I didn't follow the forum and the band closely before 2004

Don't forget, the Tarja departure rumors first started because that no-class twat in Singery put out a statement trashing Marco and exposing a whole bunch of things about Nightwish in the process, like their use of recordings and Tarja possibly leaving.

Kim Goss has my total contempt because she did it again later. She hired an American girl to replace Marco, from an Iron Maiden cover band called The Iron Maidens. Melanie was dragged across the globe for one gig and fired, with Goss putting out a statement saying, in essence, she couldn't play, which is ludicrous. Mel sent in demo tapes, she worked in a Maiden cover band. You better have your shit together to play Steve Harris's parts. The belief was Laiho wanted to hire a friend, so they crapped on this new bassist from around the world.

Goss has no class. None.

I haven't heard anything about this, and google can't tell me much.
What did she say?

She wanted to leave just before the release of Century Child.
There were rumours before mainly because she was also focused on her classical studies, so perhaps people thought that she would have left Nightwish to keep studying classical singing.

Right, thanks for bringing that up. The last time I was in here posting I didn't have time to bring up that fact, nor was I thinking of it too closely. That was a huge reason as to why the "Tarja is leaving Nightwish" rumors abounded back then.

Also, many people forget that Tuomas disbanded the group himself after Sami's firing, but I don't think anyone really knew that until he said so on End of Innocence.

I haven't heard anything about this, and google can't tell me much.
What did she say?

It's not so much what she said as how she said it. I just thought it was very childish.

The entire statement is copied in the Once Upon a Nightwish book, maybe I can drag it out and copy it next time I'm on here.

Also, many people forget that Tuomas disbanded the group himself after Sami's firing, but I don't think anyone really knew that until he said so on End of Innocence.

They knew it ;) . Tarja said that she was in Germany back then and she got to know it from a friend from Kitee since Tuomas didn't call her. And I suppose they got to know it later and they had also an heated discussion, that's what Tuomas said if I'm not wrong :)
But no-one ever understood the actual reason why he disbanded Nightwish, perhaps the stress, the fact he couldn't cope with the situation in the band anymore. Tarja wasn't too happy because of the tour-thing (I guess) , there were problems with Sami, and things went bigger after Wishmaster.
It's funny that whenever there is a problem Tuomas either splits the band, either fires people without telling it in their face :p

They knew it

No, I meant the fans. Because I was musing over how funny it was that all these people who were constantly "is Tarja leaving?", had no idea that for a little while, the band actually did break up! :lol:

Wonder if there will be a part 2, because of Anette and the new era?

Well, in the closing notes of the book, there was a hint that maybe another book would come in the future, but as it was such a long and arduous process to write the first one, it wouldn't be for a good long while, if at all.