One for the Cockney's

Black Lagoon

Apr 24, 2001
Cornwall, England
Visit site
BLAZE To Headline TOTALFEST 5 - Dec. 9, 2002

Britain's BLAZE, the band led by former IRON MAIDEN/WOLFSBANE frontman Blaze Bayley, will headline Totalfest 5 on Saturday Jan. 18, 2003 at the King's Head Live in Fulham, U.K. Also set to appear at the event are ORANGE GOBLIN, AREA 54 and REACTOR.

BLAZE will release a double live album, "As Live As It Gets", on Mar. 24, 2003 via SPV Records.

Top gig. :headbang:

Yeah we have an 800-mile round trip for the London gigs mate, but it usually always worth it. This proves we are all mad or metal! We are lucky tonight because Reef are in town (they'r from you part of the world if i'm remembering correctly) and it's a 4-mile round trip for a change. :headbang:

Isn't it great when that happens!
Reef are a great band and they always make the effort to play down here as well. Saw them on Newquay beach just after the first album came out and they Rocked. Catherine Zeta Jones was there too and she's even nicer in real life.

This will be the first time that i have saw Reef and while they are not one of my favourite bands, i'v always enjoyed their stuff and buy their CD's. I'll give you a report tomorrow if you want mate.

Cheers Lagoon, I took your advice mate and got pissed and had a laugh. The crowd were up for it and there was a lot of jumping and bouncing about going on (ooh err). As for the band...they play well with a nice tight rythym section (see what you mean about chimp) and the overall sound was spot on. I like the older stuff best as it is heavier and rocks a bit. The singer appears to want to be in a more 'POPPY' group to the rest though judging by his antics. Overall the four of us enjoyed the gig but will not be scouring the papers watching for the next time Reef come to town. 6.5/10:cool: