One free ticket

sloppy

New Metal Member
(Well, it's actually two tickets: one for Friday and one for Saturday. And I'm not splitting them up.)

I can't go. And sorry if this screws up the market, but instead of worrying about whether someone will really pay me, I'm just gonna let it go, and hopefully make someone's day. So here's the deal:

1) The ticket is for you to USE or GIVE to a friend who will use it. Don't sell it. If it's just gonna be sold, I'd do it myself. I guess I'll just have to take your word on this, but the PP crowd seems pretty nice. Don't disappoint me.

2) The ticket goes to whoever posts the best explanation for why they deserve it. Brag about how much you've done for your local metal scene. Tell a sob story about how Ivan kept you away last year. Tell me you have the nicest boobs in Atlanta and tease me about how I'll get to see 'em next year. Horrify me with threats about what will happen to me if you don't win. Whatever you think will work. Good luck.

Post replies (including an email contact) and I'll judge the entries in a day or two.

I've got my gold badge, and don't need the ticket. Just wanted to say that this is a pretty cool way to get rid of one, rather than going right to Ebay. Good luck!

Steve in Philly

sloppy said:
The ticket goes to whoever posts the best explanation for why they deserve it.

My brother listens almost exclusively country, but really appreciates talented musicians and has been intrigued by some of the CD mixes I've given him. I think seeing ProgPower, with all this year's great bands, might be the final push to bring him into the light and out of the darkness.

What better reason than to enlighten someone with better music??

Craig
P.S. Whoever wins, I think it's really cool that you're getting rid of the ticket this way!! :headbang:

To introduce myself, I'm Chris from New York...

I became interested in Prog Power last year when Pain of Salvation was playing, but to fly from New York to Georgia just wasn't going to happen. Once PPVI came along there was a real opportunity and I was ready, but it sold out before I could secure the $100. Once I graduated high school I was able to get a job and had enough money for a ticket and the transportation, but in buying all that it would have put me to no money, which just wasn't a good idea. Now I moved into college, owe $20,000 in tuition and after buying books I can pretty much afford to either go to Atlanta or to buy a ticket for the show, but not both.

So that's my sob story, thanks for the opportunity.

Hmm...this is actually the first time I've ever posted on this board, but I figure what better time than now. Its actually my friends account, he might've posted a couple of times. Doesn't matter here's the story...

My friend Danny and I have been going up to Atlanta for ProgPower since IV, and it has always been wonderful. But apparently hurricanes like to screw everything over every goddamn year. Last year I had to talk my mom into driving us up (I'm 18 and my car is a piece of shit) and evacuating to Atlanta, so we left like a week early and thankfully made it up there. BTW, we live in Mandeville, La, thats like 20 min. north of NO.

So this year Hurricane Katrina screws everything up. Now neither Danny's nor my car work. My other friend has a tree on top of his car, and though it was possibly the coolest thing I've ever seen, his car is a little non-functional. I think it goes without saying that we are poor college kids and can't afford a $300+ plane ticket.

I know these other people also from Mandeville, well one is from Mandeville and one is from NO...they are going to go up this year and offered my friend and I a ride. But there is only one problem, the girl from NO most likely doesn't have a house anymore, and being that her ticket was in the house its probably nonexistant as well. Well, the point is now she needs another ticket, and Danny and I need a ride. And we all love you.

Klebalica said:
Hmm...this is actually the first time I've ever posted on this board, but I figure what better time than now. Its actually my friends account, he might've posted a couple of times. Doesn't matter here's the story...

My friend Danny and I have been going up to Atlanta for ProgPower since IV, and it has always been wonderful. But apparently hurricanes like to screw everything over every goddamn year. Last year I had to talk my mom into driving us up (I'm 18 and my car is a piece of shit) and evacuating to Atlanta, so we left like a week early and thankfully made it up there. BTW, we live in Mandeville, La, thats like 20 min. north of NO.

So this year Hurricane Katrina screws everything up. Now neither Danny's nor my car work. My other friend has a tree on top of his car, and though it was possibly the coolest thing I've ever seen, his car is a little non-functional. I think it goes without saying that we are poor college kids and can't afford a $300+ plane ticket.

I know these other people also from Mandeville, well one is from Mandeville and one is from NO...they are going to go up this year and offered my friend and I a ride. But there is only one problem, the girl from NO most likely doesn't have a house anymore, and being that her ticket was in the house its probably nonexistant as well. Well, the point is now she needs another ticket, and Danny and I need a ride. And we all love you.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207418

See Glenn's comment on this thread.

Not surprisingly, Klebalica's story was the winner. But it turns out that Glenn (what a guy!) is replacing the lost ticket, so I faced a hard choice. In the end, I decided to give the ticket to Chris. Sccaldwell, if I had second set of tickets, I would have given you one, but I figured it was better to give it to an existing metal fan than a potential recruit. Keep giving your brother those mix CDs so that he'll choose to attend next year. :)

Ahhh awesome! Chris is my friend that was planning to go to Progpower with me, but then he wasn't able to get a ticket and I thought I'd be going to the show by myself.

Thanks sloppy!

Petethedrummer said:
i'm so metal that i need 2 tickets to be admitted to the venue

so I need yours on top of the one i already have
If you are so metal, wouldn't it mean you don't even need a ticket to get in? If you need two tix...you ain't that metal... :D