One Handed Drum Edits - Reaper?

Line666

Fendurr
Sep 2, 2006
With Reaper 4 I can now click one toolbar button to enter "Drum Editing Mode" where I can edit with just my hand on the mouse, drinking beer or jerking off with my left hand the entire time.

One handed one button drum editing ftw.

How does one do this, I know how to edit the mouse modifiers to enable one click editing but does anyone know how to toggle between modified mouse configurations and the default like is described above?

^ Yes this shows how to alter the mouse modifier to allow for this, what it doesn't show is how to toggle between two seperate configurations eg creating an edit mode like Adam describes.

How does one do this, I know how to edit the mouse modifiers to enable one click editing but does anyone know how to toggle between modified mouse configurations and the default like is described above?
I have no idea. It is very hard to jerk off with the left hand...

In preferences under the general tab, export your configuration without the mouse editing settings. Then change the mouse modifiers for drum editing and export that and you can switch between the two.

i edit everything with just the mouse:
if i click on the bottom half of the track it automatically splices/cuts
and if i drag on the bottom half i do slip editing..

so i do everything with the mouse on the bottom half of the track ;)

i also zoom into an area pressing the right mouse button and dragging
and go back to the previous zoom level with the mouse middle button

Im pretty comfortable with my workflow and if i ever lose my reaper config im gonna cry :rofl:

I use AdamWathan's old technique where you hold down ALT with your left hand so you scroll left/right with the scroll wheel, hit s and it creates a split under mouse cursor (make sure snap to grid is off), then you just drag the media item to slip it. all this while holding ALT.

None of this details how to flip using a toolbar button as described without raking through a submenu - in a daw of ultimate customisation all I want to know is how a dude can bind that shit to grid whilst knocking out some palmela h. knucklechildren?

There is an action in the action list titled "Import Configuration". You can bind this to a key and then all you have to do is choose which configuration you want. That's about as close that what you want as you'll get.

I use AdamWathan's old technique where you hold down ALT with your left hand so you scroll left/right with the scroll wheel, hit s and it creates a split under mouse cursor (make sure snap to grid is off), then you just drag the media item to slip it. all this while holding ALT.

I've been using this ever since I watched his video on it. Haven't tried the mouse only option, but the ALT method works awesome.

how do you set it up so you can move the waveforms of a media item left/right with the mouse wheel without having to ALT+left click drag?

[alt+wheel] doesn't move the waves, it scrolls the entire project.
[alt+click] slip edits

it's setup so that your just holding ALT and clicking around for like 4hrs....pretty good.

yeah, I just thought there was a possibility to move the waveforms left and right with the mouse wheel instead of having to do ALT click - drag you know.