One of Andys latest - Exit Ten

Ah fair doos James.
The datura stuff sounds wicked by the way. Had a look on your myspace, whats the Nihility record on ur wall all about? One of my fave albums that.

But yeh Brett, I can assure you the drums are all triggered on the mini album. They used andys pearl kit and just recorded some new hits and triggered them all up. Trust me, i've had many in depth convos about this with chris

Ha thanks dude!! You been on my guitar lessons myspace then? I've had repetative strain injury for over a year now so those clips are a bit sloppy cus've that. I am possibly doing a solo album for a friends label though for a laugh. Im not really into solo guitar artists like steve vai, satriani etc etc so if i did it'd have to be proggy and epic, bit like Tesseract but more thrash n shred ha.

Oh and if you havent heard any Tesseract --> www.myspace.com/tesseract

Acle is the man

JoshSylosis said:
Ah fair doos James.
The datura stuff sounds wicked by the way. Had a look on your myspace, whats the Nihility record on ur wall all about? One of my fave albums that.

Cheers bud!
I got the Nihility vinyl signed a few years ago at a show in Manchester :) Thaught it looked pretty cool so I got a cheapo frame from Ikea & whacked it on the wall heheh! Definatley one of my favourite albums too!

no, theres some tom replacement due to cymbal bleed, the kick and snare are mixed with a sample, but its mainly natural. Theres even some room mic in there I hate to say

Ah good stuff.
I just texted chris to see if he was lying and he still thinks the whole lots triggered with exceptions of drum fills and stuff :tickled:

I tried to get stu to ask you this when they went up for the day to go over the mixing with you but he forgot.

The guitars on tempo of the damned, it is just double tracked yeh? Panned hard left and right?

Cheers Andy.
Whilst you're online I may as well be a pain and get a few more FAQs out of the way.

With most stuff you produce/mix you get dudes to layer up 2 guitar tracks each.
How do you pan the 4 seperate tracks and are they all at the same volume?

Oh also, I did a bit of 'teching' for steve smyth at a guitar clinic at acm the other day. Turns out he's guna be moving over here in the next month or so and possibly teaching at ACM. Crazy

things are going good geezer - just putting together aload of new material - have been learning some fantastic lessons in recording and mixing off colin richardson and his tools operator/assistant matt hyde which was a excellent experience - just gotta remember all the shit i picked up for our next recording. Looking forward to hearing new stuff from you guys. There are loads of good bands coming out of oxford/reading/hertfordshire and fuck all in london at the moment - we're all too busy working!

still the world is about to recieve a blast of 209 too so the futures bright mate - keep it evil geezer, and good luck

peace

mos:dopey: