ONE thing the maidens are missing on the west coast.... only kirsten will understand

CCshred

maidens guitar
Jan 5, 2009
Moorpark
one word.

WAWA.

YUM.
Been there about 5 times everyday since being home.. that and dunkin donuts. oh and tasty cakes!

Westcoasters are missin out.:OMG:

Courtney's obsession with WAWA and DUNK are renown, not to mention coconut in general ! (ask her about nifty fifty's coconut milkshakes)
As far as the post club/show breakfast, I have always been a big fan of IHOP (yea)! Eggs and scrapple and lots of COFFEEEEEEE

Yeah, I've read that Scrapple is an East Coast thing and most Californians would be grossed out if they found out what it's made of. Also, Courtney once told me that eating a Philly Cheesesteak made outside Philadelphia is blasphemy. Hopefully, I'll visit Philly one of these days to try authentic cheesesteak.

A coconut fan eh? There are oodles of Thai restaurants out here Court and the use of coconut milk in the food is common. Thai Iced teas use it as well and are divine. Granted, Thai food is a spicy cuisine but if you like hot food you will love it.

Check it out.

When I go to NAMM there is a great Thai place in OC called Sweetee Thai and I hit it up when I am in OC.

Jim

Yeah, I've read that Scrapple is an East Coast thing and most Californians would be grossed out if they found out what it's made of. Also, Courtney once told me that eating a Philly Cheesesteak made outside Philadelphia is blasphemy. Hopefully, I'll visit Philly one of these days to try authentic cheesesteak.

Philly cheesesteak.....mmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!

That was the only good thing about my Philly stopover this year!!

Courtney once told me that eating a Philly Cheesesteak made outside Philadelphia is blasphemy.

There is a place in Costa Mesa called Frank's Philadelphia and they blew away Pat's and Tony Luke's that I had in Philly. I was telling Chris Knight about that place before the last Cane's show. I think we need to have a meet up at Frank's one night for Courtney and the Damage guys. :kickass:

Hey A7, Courtney used to run around that bingo hall when ECW used to be called Eastern Championship Wrestling under Todd Gordon. That of course was before Paul E destroyed it. She grew up knowing the likes of the Ultimate Warrior ( who used to wish she was his daughter ), Legion of Doom, Sabu, Edge, Chris Jericho, Sid Viscious, Shawn Michaels, the original Dudleys, just to mention a few. Great times that can never be duplicated again !!!!!!!! I'll have to send you some pics if I can find them. Courtney's step father wrestled for a short while in CZW

Hey A7, Courtney used to run around that bingo hall when ECW used to be called Eastern Championship Wrestling under Todd Gordon. That of course was before Paul E destroyed it. She grew up knowing the likes of the Ultimate Warrior ( who used to wish she was his daughter ), Legion of Doom, Sabu, Edge, Chris Jericho, Sid Viscious, Shawn Michaels, the original Dudleys, just to mention a few. Great times that can never be duplicated again !!!!!!!! I'll have to send you some pics if I can find them. Courtney's step father wrestled for a short while in CZW

Wow, that's a lot of good info. Thanks, Mrs. Cox. Courtney really knows her old-school wrestling. However, I wouldn't really say that Paul Heyman destroyed ECW. After all, under him, ECW generated real wrestlers (not actors like the WWE does) like Eddie Guerrero (God rest his soul), Steve Austin (his Stone Cold gimmick was actually born there) and Chris Benoit (who was my top favorite). Sadly, since two years ago, Benoit was the reason I gave up on wrestling for good.

The only way I saw Heyman destroy ECW was by handing it over to the WWE and giving them complete control over it. As for CZW, I haven't seen a single show yet.

BTW, back in L.A., one of my friends used to host backyard wrestling shows at his place. On one show back in '98 or '99, there was this one guy who was really big and buff. Around 2-3 years later, he became known in the WWE as "The Masterpiece" Chris Masters. Unfortunately, my friend cannot broadcast the video of that backyard show because Masters was wearing Triple-H tights (an absolute copyright no-no) during his match.