One true suggestion for co-headliner: Amorphis

Palabra de Dios

Heavy Metal Weatherman
Mar 22, 2005
St. Joseph, MO
Amorphis is a band that is truely progressive. They have a style all their own that has changed and evolved over the years while staying true to themselves (we'll ignore the Am Universum album in that statement :err: ).

However, these guys put on a great show (according to accounts I've heard...I've not seen them live) and I think they would fit the bill. If this band has any interest on this board (or from Glenn), tell me what you think guys.

I saw them early last year with Into Eternity and Beyond The Embrace and was bored stiff. Left halfway through their set. Didn't impress me at all. I'm not a huge fan of the band, they do have some stuff I like, but live I wasn't impressed.

Amorphis is a band that is truely progressive. They have a style all their own that has changed and evolved over the years while staying true to themselves (we'll ignore the Am Universum album in that statement :err: ).

However, these guys put on a great show (according to accounts I've heard...I've not seen them live) and I think they would fit the bill. If this band has any interest on this board (or from Glenn), tell me what you think guys.

Marry me.

:)

I loved their live show a while back! I love the new album and have now totally fall in love with the song House of Sleep.

THough I love the band, I don't think they rank high enough to fit the remainder of the open bill. So I say slide them to the showcase!

-Metal

While they are definitely at headliner status / metal-legend status, I wouldn't be too excited as I'm not much of a fan nor did I like Eclipse much. However, if they were announced, I would still be happy with the lineup overall to go to the show.

I for one would love to see Amorphis on a nice big stage. They were one of the best performances I've ever seen (in my opinion). I know a lot of you like people prancing and galloping on stage, and while that is fine and all, it doesn't make me judge a band more or less than another. For me it all comes down to the sound and the music. Amorphis blew me away and I'd love to see them again. That is all.

ok, first of all, Amorphis' latest album "Eclipse" is one of my favorite metal records of all time. It could be # 1 on the list!

the lyrics, the Kalevala references, that band is the shit! Always have and always will be for me.

Would I like to see them play PP 8? Sure, but I'd have to agree that their vibe is not right for this festival. There's a serious groove to Amorphis, that I don't think the PP 8 crowd would understand.

I know very little about the band. I heard and fell in love with the song Day Of Your Beliefs when I was listening to someone's mix CD. I bought Far From The Sun based off that, but I'm having a hard time getting into it...

I wish there were a festival good enough to have Amorphis headline in the United States, then. I find them to be pretty progressive, however I guess they're not Dream Theater clones nor do they sing about dragons or steel. Therefore they obviously don't fit this festival.

Oh and anyone who takes anything I've just said seriously should stop using the Internets.

I must see this band on a nice big stage (like PP would provide).

I know very little about the band. I heard and fell in love with the song Day Of Your Beliefs when I was listening to someone's mix CD. I bought Far From The Sun based off that, but I'm having a hard time getting into it...

Far From The Sun is their weakest effort. I suggest listening to Tales From The Thousand Lakes, Elegy, or their lighter effort Tuonela (or the newest one). I WOULD recommend The Karelian Isthmus but most people here don't enjoy death stuff.

Justin

Boooooooooooooorinnnnngggggggggg!!!! You want to talk about a mass exodus to the hotels for the after party's, please then by all means :p